Do you regret not having more kids?

I have to say, now that 3 are out of the house, laundry is so light for our family of 4, and the grocery bill has been slashed. My kids were/are very involved in dance and sports, 2 - 3 outfit changes a day, I was doing at least 2 loads of laundry a day 365 days of the year. I don’t miss babies at all, but I do miss the easy years. I froze them when my oldest was 11, but apparently it didn’t work.

I've been really surprised how much some of the bills have dropped as my older bunch has left. Both of my bonus sons are out on their own now, DS22 is still living at home but is working six days a week, and DD18 is away at school. It feels so weird not to even fill a cart when I go grocery shopping! I feel like I must be forgetting things.

No. I was married at 18, one kid at 20 & one at 21. Never really had a chance to be free, not that I minded as they were a choice. I'm now 52 and they are turning 31 grand 32. So far it's been a revolving door of them coming and leaving while they we getting multiple degrees, proud momma. My son is in the process of relocating 5 hours away. Our daughter was gone for years but had some health issues pop up so she is back home until all the medical copays are complete. DH and I are really looking forward to our time to be a couple. DS is getting his doctorate and he and his fiance plan on getting married next year. As soon as DD is gone we plan on selling the house and getting ready for early semi retirement with a move to Lakeland. Looking at houses there now!

Zero desire to be a grandma at this point either.

Nope I am good with the 0 I have at 38. I never wanted kids and that has never changed. I love my niece and nephews but the fact that I can visit them and then don't have to take them home is bliss.

Not any more, but I did for a long time. I'm now 55, and my "kids" are 28, 26, and 20. I really wanted another about 2 years younger than the 20-year old, but our house and finances at the time kind of precluded it. I mean, we could have managed if it were to happen, but it wasn't responsible to plan in another at that time. I regretted it for a long time, but I finally realized that the family is perfect the way it is, and it has grown by a daughter-in-law and a son-in-law. In May, we'll add our first grandchild to the mix. Life is good!

You are very lucky to be an only child. Or in Dis speak, an only.

Lucky?? :confused3
I can't begin to imagine! It happens and some are ok to be in that position, but I know some that are so lonely and would love to have had a sibling. We were a family of 8 children living on a large farm and we had our own 'park' and others to be with at all times. Had a neighbor friend, and she was so envious of us as she was an only. Yes, we worked, but that has served us well in life. We are a close family with only one that has passed (parents deceased also).

We would have never (by choice) had an only - we have three (have four grands). Of course, only parents have the right to decide such a life choice - or circumstances decree it, and that's the only way.
It's not children's choice, or anyone else. No one should be pressured.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter