Do you take your stroller on the cruise?

addie

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are going on a 3 night cruise with 1 three year old and 2 two year olds.

Should we bring strollers? We only have the big kind, would it be worth it to buy a small umbrella?

Thanks!

We will be sailing in just over two weeks! :bounce: We also have 2 two year olds and will definitely be bringing our stroller. We have a side by side but I figured that would be too wide for the ship (especially going down the hallways where the cabins are) so I went ahead and bought two umbrella strollers with the sun canopy. And how about bringing a snugli for the one year old.

Have fun!

We brought an umbrella stroller for our almost 3 year-old, but didn't need it much. I think they would definitely come in handy for 2 year-olds, however. We did see some tandem strollers, but I think they are too bulky for using on the ship. The stateroom hallways are narrow and the elevators are small.

I wrote a trip report on our experince cruising with an infant and toddler. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=417172

Toy-R-Us has been giving away free umbrella strollers with $75 in baby product purchases this month. That's a lot to spend to get a $12.99 stroller, especially since you need two, but I thought I'd mention it.

Have a great trip!

I brought a stroller with me that was a bit bigger than an umbrella but I really only used it one time on the cruise but I also only had one 2 year old with me so it was no big deal to carry her places. The one time I used it was for an excursion in Freeport and it worked out well because I reclined it and she napped in it right on the beach. We also had a handicap room so we were able to just store it right in the extra large closet. I couldn't see using it in an elevator on board though since they are so darn small as it is....

I just got back from a 4 day with a two year old. We needed our stroller, but I would take an umbrella stroller (some places are pretty tight, a big stroller would be hard to get around with). Some places we just walked to, but it was nice to have it because he would get tired of walking. Also, he was sooo excited he wanted to run all over the ship and this kept him in one place.

Cathy

We did the 4 day Wonder two years ago and it was great!

My only complaint was the number of larger strollers... especially the unoccupied ones.

It was our only cruise so I don't know if there's always heavy stroller traffic.

My advice is to take the smallest size stroller possible and use it when only when necessary.

Hope this helps! Have fun!

We took our 2 year-old on a cruise this past January and the stroller came in very handy. It's not that we needed it so much on the cruise, but it was certainly a benefit at the airport and then again waiting online to check in at the terminal and then the line to get on the ship. Having 2 small children and only 2 parents you're dangerously close to needing a "zone" defense as opposed to "man on man". If one of the adults needs to use the facilites in the terminal or just wants a drink, the other one is left with 2 squirmy toddlers by themselves! I really think that you'll be much happier with the strollers.

We bought a Graco Metrolite for Dierdre. It has a few more bells and whistles than an umbrella stoller, but it was only $30. It weighs next to nothing, and has a one hand folding mechanism. The stroller also reclines and has a large storage basket underneath (very helpful for all of the baby things that you are going to need to bring with you).

Have a great trip!

Erin :D

we went on a 4 day wonder cruise 2 years ago and brought a stroller for our 10 month old dd at the time. we used it everywhere and I didn't notice alot of stroller traffic. I have also read other posts that dcl have strollers on the ship that can be used for a deposit and there are also strollers available on castaway cay with big wheels for the sand. I am also going on the oct 11 magic with our 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 yo dd's and are debating on weather we will get strollers on the ship or just bring one for our youngest. hope this was a help!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter