Do you tip the host/hostess at WDW restaurants?

floridafam

DIS Veteran
Does anyone do this?

Is it accepted/not accepted.

Let's say you have a PS somewhere and you want a good seat, have you ever tipped the person seating you?

I'm just asking out of curiousity.

We used to go out to eat with my grandparents in Arizona and I always saw him shake the host/hostess's hand and I never realized that there was money in his hand and he was tipping for a good table.

I've never done this at Disney ... and I've never been seated at a "bad" table. :teeth:

Hosts and Hostesses at Disney restaurants are classified as Front of House/Non-Tipped. They are not allowed to take any tips -- doing so could get them terminated.

The rule as it was explained to me during Traditions and training is that you have to say no 3 times and then if the guest still insists, turn the money over to your manager who will decide what to do with it. Some managers will tell you to keep it, some will split it between everyone working that shift, some will put it into a fund for employee incentives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter