Doctor on demand

We have that through my insurance, although it's not called the same thing. It's an app that you can use to teleconference with a physician if you have a minor illness or injury. The copay is less expensive than urgent care and the whole "visit" takes between 20-30 minutes.

I've used it a couple of times and had good experiences - once when I knew I had a sinus infection/upper respiratory infection and an ear infection, and once when I had the flu. Both times I knew what was wrong with me. Both times the physicians asked very good questions and I had no issue getting medications or anything. I will definitely use it again for minor illnesses/injuries.

"Mah sun jay and ah started a noo prowgrayam fer doctor on dee-mand so lit me now uze a quarter of mah show to infomercial how YOOO can tawk to a reel doctor who kin git you drugs without even seein yoo."

Just an impersonation - I love southern drawls, just get tired of his infomercials for that, his books, Robins beauty secrets ("I just use my make up and $50,000 worth of plastic surgery to make my former pretty face look like a rooster's").

I tried to use Doctor on Demand a couple of weeks ago. I waited about 20 minutes on a Sunday afternoon, then it told me I was next in line. Then...lo and behold...the wait counter went back to 19 minutes. Hmm, ok....so again I waited the time and then it said I was connecting to the doc. After about 5 minutes of that it kicked me out and said the doctor couldn't connect with me. AND they STILL charged me the $40 or whatever it was! IMO the site shouldn't charge your credit card until a connection is made.

I called them right away and they reversed the charge. What a hassle though, and I didn't even get to talk to a doctor. I went with another online doc site and had much better experience.

Mini update it has been a long day I saw my mom but not the doctor and she saw my urine and she is betting kidney infection
we are going later tonight

I have used it for a middle of the night UTI. It took less than 30 minutes to consult with the dr. and get a prescription sent to a 24 hour pharmacy. Super easy and I think it cost $35-$40. So much more convenient than sitting in urgent care in the middle of the night or waiting several hours for the doctor's office to open.

I heard about it from my sister, who also used it for a UTI.

I probably wouldn't use it unless I knew for sure what was going on.

How did they do a urine culture to see if you have it?

How did they do a urine culture to see if you have it?

They didn't.

I'm not sure it's all that unusual. At my last dr's office, a person could call in and speak to the nurse about a UTI. The nurse asked a series of questions and then would call in a script. No appointment needed.

The last time I want to urgent care, it was over $100 after my insurance paid and I was there for 2 hours. I will gladly bypass the waiting and spend less than half of what it would cost me by using the app. I knew what was going on so it was a win win for me. I don't think my insurance offers anything similar, but I'm definitely going to look into it after reading this thread.

During the Covid 19 Pandemic it's not easy to want to go the the doctors office or urgent care due to possibly coming in contact with the virus. So this makes it easier to get a diagnosis on a simple illness. You are advised that if it is something more serious that you stop the call and get to the hospital.

During the Covid 19 Pandemic it's not easy to want to go the the doctors office or urgent care due to possibly coming in contact with the virus. So this makes it easier to get a diagnosis on a simple illness. You are advised that if it is something more serious that you stop the call and get to the hospital.
Practically all routine “examinations” are being done remotely now - doctors here have not reopened their offices yet. Interesting how quickly we have adapted to this model. It was a novelty and most were quite sceptical when this thread was new. :scratchin

But you can contact your physician's office, so you get diagnosed by someone who knows you and has access to your medical records.

Since this thread was revived...

I liked DoD when I used it. I also used it for a UTI, and they simply asked what I was feeling - had me tap my kidneys to make sure those didn't hurt, had me press my bladder and describe the sensation, asked when my last UTI was. And the last time I went to a doctor in person for a UTI, this is all they did as well. Tapped my kidneys, pressed on my bladder, asked how I was feeling and when the last time I'd had one was. They said unless I got several in a short time period, or the antibiotics didn't resolve it in a certain amount of days, that there was no need for a culture (which is a pricey test without insurance.)

I also used DoD when I had bronchitis a few years ago. Always worked very well for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!