Does anybody subscribe to Tomart's Disneyana?

DizneyDogs

DIS Veteran
Was looking at maybe subscribing to this and was wondering if you liked it and found it useful. I am interested in doing research on Disney collectibles and wondering what books are out there or magazines to get started.

:idea:
Not sure if this helps but here goes any way.
I know of a company in the uk that sell Disney collectible. There web site is brooks&bentleys.co.uk.
Disney collectibles are hard to get hold of in the uk but have brought from this company before and I'm on there mailing list.:hippie:

Probably the first books you should look for are the original "Tomart's Illustrated Disneyana Catalog and Price Guide", by Tom Tumbusch, published in 1985. There were three volumes covering categories arranged alphabetically, with a fourth volume - supplement edition- that followed in 1987. A fifth book was published in 1989, but that is simply a condensed version of the earlier books.

Check eBay and old book dealers because to my knowledge, the books were never reprinted and never will be.

There are many other books out there but "Tomart" is the "Bible" of Disneyana collectors. This is THE basic to that you'll want.

As far as the update magazine series... I've subscribed since the beginning. Pins take up a lot of pages every issue and I have no interest in pins, but still, there is enough news on new merchandise, old collectibles, etc, to make it worthwhile.

I agree with Dave above. I have all 4 books plus the fifth smaller condensed version. I found 3 of them on ebay and was able to buy the 4th from a dealer.

The condensed one I found at an antique mall.

I also subscribe to the Tomart's Disneyana and unlike Dave, I didn't subscribe from the beginning. :sad2: I was able to buy the back issues right from Tomart's web site at a higher price than issue.

I have found all of them (the updates and the books) invaluable with my Disney collection, particularly figurines.

Thanks so much for the replies and information! I will keep an eye out on ebay for the books.

Also try Amazon.com... and search ... Tomart's Disneyana...

You should find a few volumes from other used book sellers listed at prices that aren't too bad.

There are many other books out there but "Tomart" is the "Bible" of Disneyana collectors. This is THE basic to that you'll want.

As far as the update magazine series... I've subscribed since the beginning. Pins take up a lot of pages every issue and I have no interest in pins, but still, there is enough news on new merchandise, old collectibles, etc, to make it worthwhile.

Im looking for tomarts update magazines from 2005 to 2012/or whichever are last published years.

Any way to borrow temporarilly the update ones you have, to look thru pins?

(i have 6th ed, 1&2 book. Which i believe was the last book book published.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter