Does anyone obese go to Maccu Piccu, Peru?

I am just wondering if its too hard to see if you are obese. As it takes walking up massive hills and mountains

You can be overweight and yet be able to do it if you have the strength and endurance.
I t really is gonna depend on your own capabilities not necessarily all about your weight.

I walk at 5.5 kilometres an hour for about 50 minutes on treadmill 4 days a week. Would I be fine?

I walk at 5.5 kilometres an hour for about 50 minutes on treadmill 4 days a week. Would I be fine?
I don't know. I haven't been. I can only guess that if youl are active daily you shouldn't have too hard of a time. It's something that only you can decide.

Whether you're thin or overweight, it all depends on your fitness level. I went (not with Disney, but another tour company) and our group included people of all shapes and sizes, including one lady with a cane, and everyone was able to enjoy the tour. There are several different "paths" to take at Macchu Picchu, and they don't all involve walking up mountains. In the case of my tour, and I'm guessing Disney will be similar, we were frequently offered options - take the harder hike with one guide or take the easier way with another guide. I think you'll be fine.

The one thing I would worry about is the altitude. I have several family members whose weight contributes to breathing issues. They are not able to travel to places where altitude sickness is a concern. You don't mention if you have breathing issues or any other health concerns that would make the altitude an issue, but I thought I would flag this concern just in case.

The one thing I would worry about is the altitude. I have several family members whose weight contributes to breathing issues. They are not able to travel to places where altitude sickness is a concern. You don't mention if you have breathing issues or any other health concerns that would make the altitude an issue, but I thought I would flag this concern just in case.

The tour group my sister went with recommended everyone take altitude sickness pills for a week prior. She said she was only lightheaded one time for a couple minutes and the tour groups are used to it so they take a break and give out snacks.

Tha Adventure Guides are outstanding at providing the best experience for everyone. Our day at Machu Picchu was broken into two parts -- a walk through the heart of the site in the morning, which featured a lot of stops to hear tidbits about what we were seeing, and an afternoon where you had the choice to take a hike up the inca trail, a less strenuous stroll on your own to other parts of the site, or just relax a the bottom of the site (inside or outside the gates). Our family took all three options.

More than anything, Machu Picchu puts your knees to the test. We were glad we had our trekking poles that day!

The most difficult task I faced might have been the climb up the river bank on our first full day in Urubamba. I hadn't adjusted to the altitude yet, and was huffing and puffing for quite a while.

How would you know if you are susceptible to altitude sickness? If you're the type that can get seasick or sick on airplanes and even busses, I guess you'd (I'd) better take the altitude sickness pill...

I don't think you really know with altitude sickness. Even our guide felt it the first day, and she was from Aspen Colorado. Our entire family took the pills. Our son stopped while we were at Sol y Luna, but paid the price in Cusco. That might have been because we were out watching the Alti Raymi festival in the morning, wearing shorts while it was in the 40s.

Our son also has a history with motion sickness, so he wore a patch throughout the trip. The bus ride up to Machu Picchu is the one most likely to cause problems that way. But it's worth it!

How would you know if you are susceptible to altitude sickness? If you're the type that can get seasick or sick on airplanes and even busses, I guess you'd (I'd) better take the altitude sickness pill...

I agree with Boston Tiger that you really can't know. Anecdotally, I don't think there's a connection between motion sickness and altitude sickness. My husband doesn't experience motion sickness, but got altitude sickness on a trip to the Rockies -- not bad enough to need medical treatment -- but he was very winded and too ill to hike. I get motion sickness, but was perfectly fine with the altitude on the same trip.

I was definitely adversely affected by altitude during the first 2 days on our trip to Wyoming, but I can read as a passenger in a car just fine, so I'm not sure it's connected to motion sickness. I adjusted after 2 days and was never bothered again.

I don't think it would be an issue. The ABD trip takes a train to the bottom of the mountain, and then a bus up the mountain. The walking at the top is not too bad--there is an optional climb up steps to get a higher view, but you could skip that if you wanted. Our group had the option to walk down. My husband and older daughter did that, but I took the bus down. I think the walk down was pretty strenuous. The salt flats might be more of an issue. You walk along a very thin ledge, and I found it a longer-than-expected hike down. I would just talk it over with your guides day-to-day if you are having any issues. I don't think it would mean you couldn't take the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!