Does anywhere at Disney have whole pies to celebrate a birthday?

tarahill

Earning My Ears
My family is not a big cake family. My daughter is allergic to Blue 1 and Red 40 food dyes so frosting has always been off-limits. We will staying at Yacht Club to celebrate my son's birthday and trying to determine if I'll need to go off-site to get a whole pie.

Via Napoli has whole pies, but it depends on what you want to pay and type of pizza - check their menu. I believe there is also a pizza window at Boardwalk (at least seasonally) where you can get them, which is close by. There is Blaze's Pizza at DS - you could check their menu for whole pies. A lot of the food courts have them as well at values and moderates - don't know about Yacht Club's QS. I know you can get pizza delivery at most resorts too. You should have plenty of options!

Via Napoli has whole pies, but it depends on what you want to pay and type of pizza - check their menu. I believe there is also a pizza window at Boardwalk (at least seasonally) where you can get them, which is close by. There is Blaze's Pizza at DS - you could check their menu for whole pies. A lot of the food courts have them as well at values and moderates - don't know about Yacht Club's QS. I know you can get pizza delivery at most resorts too. You should have plenty of options!
I believe the OP is looking for dessert pies, not pizza pies.
Sorry, I do not know the answer though.

Oh, so sorry - totally saw no cake and whole pies, and thought pizza! Not sure, but maybe you could order through one of the bakeries - I know you can special order cakes, and since several places on property serve pie for dessert, maybe they would do pie.

Try calling Amorette's and asking if they can accommodate a dye-free dessert. Looking at their menu, there are not pies but there were some options that seem like they may fit the bill. As a fellow mom of a dye-free child, I commiserate with the struggle. My DS "only" reacts behaviorally as opposed to hives or other physical reactions and artificial dyes really are in SO many things. In fact, I found a large bag of naturally colored peanut M&M's on amazon and am wrapping it up for him for Christmas and I honestly think that will be the gift that has the most wow-factor for him

Try calling Amorette's and asking if they can accommodate a dye-free dessert. Looking at their menu, there are not pies but there were some options that seem like they may fit the bill. As a fellow mom of a dye-free child, I commiserate with the struggle. My DS "only" reacts behaviorally as opposed to hives or other physical reactions and artificial dyes really are in SO many things. In fact, I found a large bag of naturally colored peanut M&M's on amazon and am wrapping it up for him for Christmas and I honestly think that will be the gift that has the most wow-factor for him
Thank you! All allergies are terrible. I'll have to check out the candy on Amazon for stocking stuffers. Thanks for the lead on Amorette's.

I think I remember seeing pie slices at the Boardwalk's bakery. Maybe see if they will sell a whole pie there too. I too have kids with allergies. Agreed allergies are terrible. I hope you find something sweet to celebrate your daughter's birthday.

I know you said you weren't a big cake family, but if you did want to go that route, I am sure they'd work with you on the frosting issue. Other ideas are the chocolate glass slipper that you can order for your ADR. It is a white chocolate or dark chocolate slipper filled with chocolate mousse with fresh berries around it.

101_3322.jpg

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...s-slipper-available-available-certain-320490/

For a whole pie, I'd call the Fountain in the Dolphin Hotel, as suggested above. I know they have mini pies, it might not be a stretch to just make a whole pie. I don't think they'll deliver it to you, but as you're staying at the Yacht Club, it's a short walk over.

Oh, another idea - ice cream. Ample Hills Creamery is DELICIOUS. Of course ice cream is my dessert of choice so I'm biased towards this option ;) You could also go to Beaches and Cream, though I prefer the ice cream at Ample Hills Creamery. However if you wanted to sit and get food and ice cream, Beaches and Cream is a good option.

Agree with PP that Ample Hills ice cream is superior, but Beaches and Cream might fit the bill for a celebratory dessert. The Kitchen Sink is a lot of fun and I would think the chocolate lovers version should be free of red and blue dyes. Of course food items have all kinds of hidden ingredients so you never know :crazy2:

Thank you! All allergies are terrible. I'll have to check out the candy on Amazon for stocking stuffers. Thanks for the lead on Amorette's.

http://www.naturalcandystore.com/ is my go to for candy without the chemicals. They also have allergy friendly, gluten free and vegan stuff. There’s baking supplies too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter