Does Disney do anything for birthdays for kids?

DLV

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Disney in November. My son will turn 11 while we are there. Do they do anything special? Do I have to bring a copy of his birth certificate?? Thanks!

They have birthday buttons, my DD got her's at City Hall in MK. The CM's make a big deal about it to the kids. If you have a character meal they have them come up and sing happy birthday to them.

I would like details of things to do. Things that you all have done that's not too expensive. My son is going to be 9 while we are there in Dec. I really would appreciate it any ideas. I've already reserved a character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine, his choice.

We were there in June and my son turned 4. We told them when we checked in that he would be celebrating his birthday and the CM made note of it on our reservation and there were surprises left for him (and his bro. and sis.) on his B-day. Now there is no gurantee that they will do this, pretty much depends on the mood of the CM you get at check-in i think... but it won't hurt to make sure you mention his Birthday when checking in. Also, if going to a Character meal, that day, make sure it is noted on your PS. My son also got a cupcake, card and "decorations" on the table at Cinderella's Break. that day. Again, there is no guarantee they will do this when you go, but it doesn't hurt to mention, casually, to CM's that he is celebrating that day.

For a more extravagant and personalized celebration you can contact Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime and she can come up with some wonderful surprises.
jane@giftsofalifetime.com or www.giftsofalifetime.com

We went on my sons 2nd birthday. We told the CM at the char lunch, and they brought over a cupcake and sang H.B. to him while Pooh, his fav, was at our table.

Later that day, in MGM, my older son (5.5 yrs) walked up to Tigger and told him it was his brother's B-day. The hadler heard him and brought the whole gang together for a group picture and autograph session, and led the crowd in a H.B. song. After she took our pictures, they split up the group so nobody else got a group shot.

It was a very special memory for my 5 year old, as well as for the Brithday boy.

ABCmom I was just wondering what resort you were staying at that they did this. Does it matter what monetary category of hotel you are staying in? Also, if you send something to your room in advance will it be in the room or do you pick it up at the desk? Thanks for any info.

Hello!

although I don't technically have kids, we are all kids at heart at WDW and my best friend and I always alternate going for each others' birthdays (where better to go?)

I agree that noting the birthday on your priority seating is helpful. Sometimes they need a reminder when you check in. We have received special photo opportunities, cupcakes, and autographed birthday cards by multiple Disney characters.

Going to City Hall to get your birthday button is great. It's even better if you bring a button from home that has your name on it, check out Party City.

The Disney florist is not only able to deliver flowers to the room but also candies or balloon arrangements. I have always found them to be helpful. If we check in early in the afternoon or return early in the afternoon we tend to have to pick deliveries up at the desk. When we arrive later, it tends to be waiting in the room for us.

If you're the "sneaky" type you can buy little trinkets from home and wrap them in your purse (pencil, gum, whistle) any little thing. Then you sneak it to a cast member and tell them to give it to your friend (son/daughter) from "them".

For example as we entered the Emporium, I found a cast member who wasn't too busy and asked her to hand a gift to my friend. A few moments later she approaches Janet and says, "Janet? It's your birthday isn't it? Mickey was so sorry he couldn't give this to you himself but here you go." She was so surprised and it wasn't any big thing, but it was just that one magical moment that was so cool!

I've been known to carry a sign (like a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet) that says "Please say 'Happy Birthday Janet'" As we walk by a group of people I'll flash the sign and almost inevitably someone will smile and say it to her. I think you are only limited by your imagination. *Most* people come to Disney World ready to have a great time and willing to help you in whatever small ways they can!

Oh yeah, and don't forget to ask a cast member for your "birthday phone call"

Brenda

Kidzmom - We were staying at AKL. I don't know if the $$ of the resort had as much to do with it as the fact that it was a new resort and they were trying to make everyone's trip special. But it seems like when I have read about other people's experiences like this, it has, more often than not, been in one of the more expensive resorts.

The items they left were all things that could be found in the gift shop (or at AK) but not really anywhere else. There were also autographed photos of some of the characters and these were in folders with the AKL logo on the front. On another note, we stayed as CS 3 yrs ago on his birthday and recieved nothing.

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that if you sent something ahead, you would pick it up at the desk. When we checked in our room(s) wasn't ready but they gave us keys and told us to call periodically and see if they were. When they were, our keys were activated automatically and we never even went back to check in. My point is that, had we sent something in advance, we would have gotten to the room before it did most likely (hope that makes sense)

Have your child get AND WEAR the Birthday Pin from City Hall!

My kids have had all types of special treats on their b-days! The Great Movie Ride gives out a signed card, a clerk in the ToT store came running out to tell my daughter Goofy had been calling on the phone looking for her! He took her back in the shop and called a special number, and Goofy sang Happy B-day to her. Several years ago, several CM doing crowd control prior to the MSEP brought my kid into the street and led the crowd in singing Happy B-day, then presented her with a Belle rose from one of the vendors!!

You just never know!!!

Patti

We were at MK that day. Went to City Hall for the button and phone call. They also give you a pass for a free game at Tomorrowland Arcade.

We had several CM's wish him HBD, but the greatest moment happened at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Review. We went there for lunch and to see the show. The singing cowboy noticed my son's button and asked if today was his BD. He proceed to have the ENTIRE place sing HBD to my son by name! You can't pay for that kind of magic!! He also got a straw cowboy hat, and the CM gave his brother one too!

We went to the Sword and the stone cermony and DS was "choose by Merlin" to pull the sword out. Again they gave the medals to BOTH kids! A truly kind gesture, expecially for parents later on!!

The illuminations cruise had HBD ballons on the boat, and Captain Daryll had the Bridge above us sing HBD to him too!!

A magically wonderful day!

Jacquelyn:D

While in line for BTMRR, the CM noticed DDs birthday button and let her ride up front. Seems like such a little thing but it was a big deal to her and made her day!

Kim

Our DS also got the button at city hall and wore it at Mk all day.

Late in the evening we were trying to catch a few rides before closing and went to line up for Peter Pan - the sign said 45 minute wait (there was only about an hour left until closing) so i asked the CM standing there if that was correct, she said it was down to about 40 minutes. I turned to tell kids that we just couldn't ride it, and CM noticed DS's button, called him over and asked if it was his B-day. She talked to him for a minute or two and then wrote out a "special" fast pass for all 7 of us to go on the ride right then.

As a result, we were able to ride PP, get off and get in line for Dumbo before closing. We got on Dumbo right as the fireworks began, It was a very magical evening for all of us!

We celebrated our DD 5th birthday last year. We camped at FW they were great. I told them when I made the ressies and again when we checked in. The only thing they wanted me to do was call and let them know when someone would be at the camp site. They came with a signed picture of Arial and 5 Mickey Balloons. Also we had dinner with the Villians and they sang HB and gave her a huge cup cake. One last thing we were in Epcot trying to get breakfast Ressies with Minnie Mouse, DD fell inlove with her on the trip. We did get one and the nice CM gave her a small stuffed Minnie! We also did the guest of honor badge. No one said or did anything special but it was fun for us!

Just curious-Do you get the birthday button at city hall on the actual birthday or can you get it the night before? Didn't know if the button had the date on it or anything.
Chris

Chris,
You can get one whenever you'd like. We celebrated my DH's 40th birthday one week prior. It was his first trip, I couldn't let him get that far without having been to WDW. We walked into City Hall (he had no idea why we were there) and I asked for one. He balked that night, but wore it the next day. Cms made a big deal of it-almost all commented on it. In the end, he admitted to being glad he wore it.

btw, look out for a pm:)

We had celebrated our sons birthday every year at Disney World since he was 3--we always were there AROUND the day--maybe a day before a few days after,,but on his 10th birthday we were there on his DAY,,I had purchased a Birthday card from a store at home before we left. The card had MICKEY MOUSE on it that said THANK YOU FOR SPENDING YOUR BIRTHDAY WITH ME....I got Disney Money and placed it in the card and then asked the cast member at Mickeys house if MICKEY could give our son the card when he went in to see him....they said of course..MICKEY signed the card and when our son went to see him Mickey acted like he was whispering in the cast members ear..and the cast member--asked my son if it was his birthday..our said said YES IT IS...then MICKEY handed him the card,,,,,,it was a GREAT moment!!!!!!! the cast members will do this--they love it too,,,,,

Everyone has me so excited!!! We will be celebrating DD's 3rd birthday at WDW in dec. On her 2nd Bday we learned she had to have open heart surgery, thankfully all went well. But that is why we are trying to CELEBRATE this birthday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter