Does disney ROFR delayed closing contracts?

poofyo101

DIS Veteran
I read somewhere the disney does not buy back delayed closing contracts.
Is there any truth to this?

We were discussing this on a similar thread. I don't think its a guarantee, but it lowers the probability of a buyback if its well into the future. If its only delayed 1-2 months I dont think it has any impact on Disney's decision. It can be a way to get a better deal, many aren't willing to wait to own or they want to use their points right away. Others have mentioned that there is a higher risk of a seller backing out, but others advocate for this method if you know you arent visiting for over a year and want to lock in a lower price.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rofr-and-delayed-closings.3790204/page-2

DVC has up to the date of closing to ROFR a contract, so they can take it at any time, unless they sign off on it.

Bought and sold three this way, All passed within a short time. One even in like 6 days,

All offers were within the line of prices of what was passing ROFR, So, I don’t think the delayed closing played a role in the decision of passing on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter