Does Disney still make the decorative snowglobes

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: I have a cabinet with beautiful disney snow globes i have purchased years ago in the disney store and at the parks. I cannot find on the websites for disney stores anything that compares to the snow globes i have, very detailed, disney characters.

For example one is pinocchio with a large fish bowl with the fish swimming around and on the outside all the characters from the movie.

Do they still make these beautiful snow globes with disney characters, and where can i get them.

Deb.

I used to see them in the Disney Store all the time. Haven't seen them in a while, which is good, because I'm out of room in my collection.

For a while, the snow globes were making it to the clearance section, so maybe the merchandise wasn't moving as well as it could have. Although they were making globes for less popular movies like Pete's Dragon and The Rescuers. They're two of my favorite films, so I bought both, but the rest of the world didn't seem to agree.

We only have a Frozen Snow Globe in that style at my store.

Don't pick it up just yet. Wait until two weeks after the movie comes out and it hits the clearance area, like all of movie-themed merchandise always seems to do.

I agree, TDS when it was originally owned by Disney did have some beautiful snowglobes. I have many many of them. Too many, I ran out of room a long time ago. I even ran out of room in my attic because I saved all the boxes and styrofoam to put them in.
I tried selling them then offered them to my niece but SIL said no way she is going to dust all those. So they are up on shelves in my dining room.. SIL doesn't know that they are in my will to niece....lol not that I am planning on going soon but someday hopefully when she is grown they are her dust collectors.
When Children's Place owned TDSs they went downhill in quality and many had to be returned due to bubbles in the water and bubbling paint on the inside.
I bought quite a few at Disney and they still do have alot, but I had to stop buying after becoming disabled and funds were lower.

Children's Place really did a number on the merchandise offerings.

Heck, now I'm nostalgic for the old World of Disney store on 5th Avenue. Makes the Disney Store that they built in Times Square look like an afterthought.

I am out of the loop have the disney stores been sold, and if so is there still an original disneystore in new york city?

Thanks for any info, that could explain why i cannot find these beautiful disney character snowglobes of the past.

Deb

There is a two-story Disney Store on 7th Avenue (or is it Broadway? the two streets cross up that way and I never know for sure) and 45th or so. It's nothing special, especially the first floor. The second floor is an uncomfortable blend of Marvel, random stuff, and way too much princess merchandise.

The old World of Disney store was three floors of greatness. Sort of like the World of Disney Store in WDW. Lots of merchandise, artwork, and even park items, too. Miss it.

Thanks for the info. I really wish they were still making the ornate character large snowglobes, I have not finished my collection. I guess I will have to check out some resale sites.

Deb.

Another line of merchandise I really enjoyed for some reason were the lines of movie relief plates. They were cute 3D plates, usually four per film, three scenes and one villain character. They looked fantastic, but were short lived.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter