Does everyone have to use a credit?

Jecca

DIS Veteran
So at any given table service (not buffet or prix fixe) location, does everyone have to use a credit or can one person just get an appetizer and save that credit for another meal?

Yes, that is fine

if any customer can order just an app, so can you and skip using a credit and just pay oop. Perfectly fine

So at any given table service (not buffet or prix fixe) location, does everyone have to use a credit or can one person just get an appetizer and save that credit for another meal?
I have seen several people report that this is almost always fine except for at Via Napoli in Epcot. I consistently read reports that everyone at the table must use a credit or purchase a meal if the dining plan is being used by anyone at the table. Someone correct me if they have heard differently.

This would work even at via Napoli since the person is not sharing but ordering an app. Fully legitimate plan

To make sure that I am understanding correctly - if my youngest son who is 7 isn't very hungry I can't just order something and him eat some of it? Not sure if y'all are saying this is the case just for Via Napoli or what, but we do plan on eating here.

To make sure that I am understanding correctly - if my youngest son who is 7 isn't very hungry I can't just order something and him eat some of it? Not sure if y'all are saying this is the case just for Via Napoli or what, but we do plan on eating here.
At most places this is fine, except of course family style, dinner shows, pre fixe or buffets.

Via has always been a little finicky. They aren't Disney owned and make their own rules. I think bc a lot of people get pizza, they dont want one person ordering a pizza and sharing it with 2 people. They have been known to be strict about everyone using a credit if on the dining plan. If not on the dining plan, you can do what you want.

If you're on the dining plan and you're at Via Napoli, he'll have to order something. He doesn't have to eat it, but he does have to order it. So he can order an app that someone else at the table will eat or he can just order dessert, but if you don't order a full kid's meal and use a credit, you'll have to pay OOP for what he does order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!