Does RCC allow travel without Passport??

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
I know it's best to travel with a passport and the adults will have passports, however, my 9 year old's dad won't agree to a passport. He will sign the affidavit that she can take the cruise, but she won't have her passport.

Our cruise is a closed-loop cruise out of Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and is only 4-nights. We've done a couple Disney closed-loop cruises and have had no issues with just a birth certificate but I want to verify we won't have an issue with Royal Caribbean.

Has anyone used just a birth certificate recently with RCC?

Thank you :)

From RCI website in regards to Passport requirement ...

Exceptions:

• United States citizens on cruises that begin and end at the same port in the United States can use a original government-issued picture ID (i.e. driver's license) AND an original government-issued birth certificate or original Naturalization Certificate.
  • Minors under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original government-issued, original or certified copy of his or her birth certificate; a Consular Report of Birth Abroad Issued by DOA; or Certificate of Naturalization issued by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Note: Baptismal papers and hospital certificates of birth are NOT acceptable. Military identification cards, voter registration cards or Social Security cards are NOT considered proof of citizenship.

I don't know how it might work with Bahamas/US but I got our children passports before our first cruise because it is our understanding .... if there is an emergency, medical issue or missing of the ship .... without a passport you can't re-enter the US other than on the ship.

"Generally, all U.S. citizens are required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document. However, we strongly recommend visitors obtain a passport before travel in case of an unforeseen emergency that requires a cruise passenger to disembark and return by air."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Bahamas.html

Yes as long as it's closed loop you only need a BC and government ID. Kids under 16 only need a BC.

If you get stuck in the Bahamas you would have to get an emergency passport to fly home. Yes it will take longer but you will be allowed to re-enter the US since I'm assuming you are a US citizen.

Yes as long as it's closed loop you only need a BC and government ID. Kids under 16 only need a BC.

If you get stuck in the Bahamas you would have to get an emergency passport to fly home. Yes it will take longer but you will be allowed to re-enter the US since I'm assuming you are a US citizen.

And this part makes travel insurance even more important for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter