Does Royal let kids switch to different club?

Luv2cruise!

Earning My Ears
We will be on the Harmony in October and will have a 5 and 6 year old. I see that the kids club ages are 3-5 and 6-8. I know our girls would feel more comfortable if they were together- is Royal lenient on this at all and will let them be together or do they have to go to the group where their age would go?

I have always found RCCL to be very strict with this policy. One exception I have seen is the older child can sometimes move down to the younger group, but not the other way.

First time on Allure my younger daughter was about 2 weeks shy of 3. My older daughter was 5 and in the Aquanuts club already. First day (well, Day 2) they let the little one in, and gave me a phone "just in case". There were no problems, and after that day I didn't even need the phone. Apparently she interacted well with everyone, so it was fine.

rarely. moving down an age group night be possible if there are not a lot of kids on board. moving up pretty much only happens when they merge them into one group because there are only a few kids.

The 6-8 and 9-11 ages are often mixed which is why they don’t often agree to move up a 5 year old...it’s not that it’s NEVER done - but it’s VERY rare.

That being said - my daughter had the BEST time in Aquanauts - the counselors were amazing and the crafts and activities were a lot of fun. The activities in the 6-11 groups involved a lot more group sports which aren’t so much her cup of tea..she still goes and has fun but it’s different.

I would advise trying the classrooms they are supposed to be in first and only if it’s not going well (socially or boredom) ask if there is a way to get them together. I think they are more likely to work with you if they have met your kids and the others in each room to know if the switch will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts