Does the Kings Inn and Suites sell out?

DaisyandBoo

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip for mid June. After much research I have decided to stay at the Kings Inn and suites. It seems to be nice enough and within budget. I need to book 2 rooms. Even though we are only a family of 4, we travel better when we have a bit of space. Anyway...I’m trying to decide if I should book with the non-refundable rate. It’s a savings of $550 because of the length of our stay and requiring 2 rooms. Any idea how long I could safely wait to book? Does this hotel tend to sell out, especially in the summer? Trying to decide if we just roll the dice...book now at the non-refundable rate and take our chances OR spend the extra $550 for peace of mind. Thoughts?

I am planning a trip for mid June. After much research I have decided to stay at the Kings Inn and suites. It seems to be nice enough and within budget. I need to book 2 rooms. Even though we are only a family of 4, we travel better when we have a bit of space. Anyway...I’m trying to decide if I should book with the non-refundable rate. It’s a savings of $550 because of the length of our stay and requiring 2 rooms. Any idea how long I could safely wait to book? Does this hotel tend to sell out, especially in the summer? Trying to decide if we just roll the dice...book now at the non-refundable rate and take our chances OR spend the extra $550 for peace of mind. Thoughts?
If you can book a regular reservation now with a no penalty cancellation clause, go ahead so that you have something on the books. If there is no penalty, you can always cancel this reservation later if you do get something better. Then keep checking on that non-refundable rate. Go for it if you decide it's worth it to you. If you do nothing but wait, you may end up losing your chance at any reservation with a good rate.

If your booking 2 rooms I would consider booking an executive room at DI&S right across the road. Would be cheaper, closer and better breakfast.
That’s just what I was thinking as a great option, the suites at DI&S. To answer your original post, non-refundable reservations always make me nervous. As someone who‘s had to cancel a vacation, it’s too risky for my comfort level.

That’s just what I was thinking as a great option, the suites at DI&S. To answer your original post, non-refundable reservations always make me nervous. As someone who‘s had to cancel a vacation, it’s too risky for my comfort level.
I had looked at Discovery Inn and Suites but my hesitation was that I think the 2 bedroom suites only have 1 bathroom. Is that correct? I think 2 bathrooms is a necessity for us at this stage in our vacation life (2 teenage daughters).

Desert inn not Discovery inn. I just happen to be reading this thread. Desert inn is right at the crosswalk and well-liked here on the boards.

I had looked at Discovery Inn and Suites but my hesitation was that I think the 2 bedroom suites only have 1 bathroom. Is that correct? I think 2 bathrooms is a necessity for us at this stage in our vacation life (2 teenage daughters).
Yes, I meant Desert Inn & Suites. There are suite options with two full bathrooms. They basically are like two adjoining rooms, with four queen beds, two in each room. They also have suites with a sitting room area. We are staying there this summer. The price and the proximity to the parks are selling points, for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!