Does the Natural History Museum and Aerospace ever get crowded?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Disney Hotel in Sept. as we tag along with DH for a conference. The last time he had a conference in LA was around 2014 and it was in downtown LA so I took the kids to the museum and my oldest who was only about 4 loved it. The spaceship had just been installed so that part was pretty crowded. My youngest was still in a carrier then so now that they are 4 and 7 I wanted to take them back. I'm trying to figure out plans for the different days to decide on park tickets. Do the museums ever get crowded? Would it be hard for them to see past the people on weekends? It will be at the end of the month so I think school would be back in session. DH didn't get to go last time and I know traffic could be bad driving so much further so I was thinking we would go with him one afternoon/evening. I think the Mickey Halloween could be in force the week we are there, so I thought we'd do that once, but we'd have other nights free if I took the kids to the parks during the day. Any advice? Thanks!

On weekdays you have lots of field trips, but they rarely go past when school would let out. On weekends, especially if there is an event at the museums or something at the stadium it is extremely crowded. You'll have to check the calendars for the days you want to go.

Oh no, I can't find the hours on the website but Google has them closed everyday at 5. If they're not open late in the summer I guess going in the afternoon/evening is out. Could you give me a rough idea how long it would take to drive from DLH? At least it wouldn't be rushing to make an opening so I'd imagine I'd want to leave later? Thanks!

Depending on traffic is typically takes 45min to 1 hour from Anaheim.

Since September is the beginning of the school year there are fewer school field trips. It really never gets so crowded that is is hard to see past people.

On a weekday in September you should be fine. The field trips haven't started up yet and it won't be crowded. If you have the whole day leave later to miss traffic and you should make it in 45 minutes. Even if you go on a weekend it shouldn't be too bad in September, just check the schedule if you go on Sunday because if there's a Rams game the traffic/parking around there gets ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter