Does this snack need fridge?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Going to WDW in 9 days, :D looking for "different", filling, healthy snacks to take as I will be 11 weeks pregnant and frequently munching. I have the usual cereal & granola bars, but am a little picky now. I was thinking pb & j on crackers, but can that stay without fridge for over a week? I was also thinking microwave popcorn, but am afraid it will pop on the plane. I need something to satisfy all my cravings- sweet, salty, spicy, chewy, filling, healthy....please helppppppp!:pinkbounc :bounce:

Not certain if microwave popcorn will do anything on the plane, I brought some last year and nothing happened.

What type of crackers are you talking about? Ritz crackers seem to keep well, but you need to seal them well. Peanut butter keeps fine, but not certain about opened jelly, I usually keep it in the fridge. (Maybe little restaurant size jelly packets, they aren't refrigerated.)

If you keep the jelly on some ice, perhaps in the icebucket in your room or in a collapsable cooler it should be just fine.

Smuckers (I think) makes a pb and j w/cracker type prepackaged snack pack that is shelf stable. They are not cheap, but pack well in a suitcase. Good luck and congrats!

they (the smucker's packs) aren't TOOO bad at Wal-Mart. For the short duration of a trip, I would think that the jelly in a jar would be fine. If you are too worried, stick it in a bowl of ice.

If you're staying at a Disney property, I know that they have jelly packets at the food court. We'll bring our pb, and they get jelly paks there, so no refrig required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter