Does Waitstaff get an attitude if you try to share meals on a dining plan?

Happy Artist

Earning My Ears
There are many threads talking about sharing table credits at a meal. For instance if my adult family of 4 are on the dining plan and two of us share our entree, will they get upset? As a family we are used to sharing apps and desserts normally, and most places outside of DIsney don't really care. What have been your experiences with sharing table service credits with your own party? We would love to save a few credits and use them for more signature dining on the deluxe plan.

There are many threads talking about sharing table credits at a meal. For instance if my adult family of 4 are on the dining plan and two of us share our entree, will they get upset? As a family we are used to sharing apps and desserts normally, and most places outside of DIsney don't really care. What have been your experiences with sharing table service credits with your own party? We would love to save a few credits and use them for more signature dining on the deluxe plan.

At 95% of places, they won't bat an eye.

At Via Napoli, it is strictly forbidden. Not everyone has to use a credit, but everyone has to order something.

We have never had a problem. It is at the discretion of the restaurant. You definitely cannot share at character meals, family style, buffets and dinner shows.

When we share a dining credit meal, we tip as if both of us had purchased an entree!

We only had an issue once at a dinner and a show package. (Fantasmic). We told the server we were willing to only get the number of show tickets as meals we bought and then they were fine. (Little kids weren’t going to show anyway). Buffets and character meals will require you use a credit (or pay for a meal) for each person.

Even OOP I shared a few meals. Il Miluno I shared a full meal. Salad. Soup chick parm with my dad. Told the server in the beginning what we were doing. He bought the meal out on two place settings. We paid double the tip. This place did not charge us a few for a split meal

Sharing meals on the Deluxe plan with another party or your family that is on a seperate reservation seems like it has great potential to save some money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!