Doing the VIP tour!

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
Again, but for the first time at Universal Studios.

I did the IOA tour, which was AWESOME, but with the AP rate being almost HALF, I just booked my son and I for what I just about paid for just one of us last time!

I called Universal at the 1-407-363-8295 number and got a recording that they were selling out quickly during the Spring break time so I left a message hoping that my dates were still available. Luckily my son's spring break is a little late this year, and I was able to get a tour on April 11th.

I'll let you guys know how it goes! :bounce:

Hey Robin,

We want to check out the tour. What time does it run from??? It's 5 hours?? I think we might go on the IOA tour. Who knows, I keep changing my mind. I wish we could do both tours, but, we can check out the one we dont do in October. DH thinks that our vacations are too structured, that I have every minute planned. I guess its true, I just dont want to miss anything.

Patty

Oh,

What is this VIP tour like? Behind the scenes type of thing?

Price?

We need details!, LOL

Herc.

Sounds like fun Robin! Can't wait for the details.:)

Robin , Im going to be there on the 11th too, staying in a club room at HRH,,,,,was thinking of doing the tour, how much did you pay? and if I book mine at USF, will we be in the same tour? :) Cant wait to go, Im going with my sister, and we'll be in wdw for 4 days first, OKW 2 nites, BWC 2 nites........Sis got a great deal on airline and only booked it 5 days ago, ,,,,round trip from boston to orlando , nonstop 161.00! Awesome price.....thanks :)
Mary

Wow, I posted this and forgot about it, folks~ I'll try to answer all your questions:

Patty: the tour is 5 hours, for the day I booked for the tours start at 10am or 12pm. You have to arrive 30 mins prior.

Yes, there is a plan but the tour guide I had was extremely flexible and personable, it was like having a good friend who really knew the parks hang out with you. He held our packages when we rode, let us ride twice when we wanted to, in fact it felt LESS structured than doing it alone because his expertise made it easier to fill in the time, especially since we had TRUE FOTL!! For instance, he knew exactly the times for Sinbad and Poseidon, so he knew how to position us so we can be ready for our VIP seating. I've stood like an idiot waiting for these shows, thinking if I went somewhere else I'd miss my time. It's nice to have an insider get your time right!

Patty and Herc: The cost with the AP is about $69 a person. I paid a total of $137.80 for the two of us. I paid about $230 for us the last time!

Hercamore, yes, you get the "behind the scenes" info and sometimes more than you need! I was amazed by what I learned at IOA, and can't wait to get the lowdown at USF!

Maepartner that IS an awesome rate for airfare. It's LESS than roundtrip from Atlanta and we're the next state, for pity's sake! I'm driving, it's not a bad trip.

The VIP tour is non-private and the last time we had a great group that I called the Triple As, Ann, Adam and Amy, a lady in the armed forces, her teenaged son and his girlfriend. They were so much fun to hang out with! If you do the 10am tour on the 11th you'll be stuck with me and Michael!! Let's put it this way, it'll be a trip you won't soon forget!! :p

Hope that answers everyone's questions!
:D

Sounds pretty cool,

Have a great time,

One more thing to tell lus about wnen you get back!

There are bargains to be had in Orlando if know where to look!

Herc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter