dole whip

jubileegirl

Mouseketeer
Now I know what krispy cremes are I'd really like to know what Dole Whip is, because I'm planning to have one whilst waiting to watch the Parade in the MK. I hope I'm going to like it!

Mmmm.....I love Dole Whips. It is pineapple flavored soft serve ice cream. You can get it alone in a cup, or you can get my favorite the Pineapple float with pineapple juice and ice cream. Simply delicous!

Actually, it's not "ice cream" but more like a soft serve sorbet. It's dairy-free. I know this because my DH is lactose intolerant and cannot eat ice cream. When we found the Dole Whip stand, we asked and were told that it's all dairy free. I like to get the pineapple and vanilla swirl. Very yummy!

I love Dole Whips! You can get either pineapple soft serve alone, or pineapple and vanilla ice cream swirled. I like the pure pineapple, DH prefers the swirled, although he loves them as much as I do! As BethC said, you can also get a float. The same stand also sells pineapple spears.

My sons don't care for pineapple :confused: but they love soft serve ice cream, and the same stand (Aloha Isle) sells vanilla, chocolate, or vanilla and chocolate swirled soft serve.

At DL, the Dole Whip is in front of the Tikki Room (I've had one while waiting for the next show). Is it in the same place at MK?

Hi,

Sounds yummy!!! Where can I get one??

Allison

There IS a similar place just outside the Tiki Birds at WDW, but the swirls sold there are made of frozen orange juice and vanilla ice cream. These are quite delicious and have been sold since I was a kid. The Dole Whips come out of a stand that is a bit trickier to find as it's a building and you have to approach the windows. As you cross the wooden bridge to Adventureland, look immediately to your right. The Dole Whips are right there. If you come to the Swiss Family Treehouse or Jungle Cruise, you've gone too far.

I recommend the following: Consume a Dole Whip immediately upon entering Adventureland (to get you in the spirit of the area!). Go about your Adventureland business, ride the attractions, shop a little, etc., then head to the Sunshine Terrace (is that what it's still called?) and get the orange juice/vanilla swirl. When you are at Disney World, BOTH of these should be enjoyed -- just my humble opinion. I think the OJ swirls are a "forgotten attraction" of the World! :)

Dole Whips are wonderful, and always a must have on every trip. I dont care what time it is when we reach that stand, gotta have one!

Originally posted by scanne
Actually, it's not "ice cream" but more like a soft serve sorbet. It's dairy-free. I know this because my DH is lactose intolerant and cannot eat ice cream. When we found the Dole Whip stand, we asked and were told that it's all dairy free. I like to get the pineapple and vanilla swirl. Very yummy!

Is a Dole Whip "lactose free" or dairy free? I seem to remember that I read on here awhile ago that they still had some milk products in them. my daughter is allergic to milk products (more specifically casein protein) so I thought she was not able to have these.

This is nothing more than Pineapple Sherbet bought at any grocery store. Sorry...I know many people like them but that is what they are..really. Nothing special.

Sorry, mbw12, I don't know the answer to your question. Hopefully, someone will.

I love Dole Whips! I always get half pineapple and half chocolate!! YUM!!::yes::

Debbie:earsgirl:

Originally posted by mbw12
Is a Dole Whip "lactose free" or dairy free? I seem to remember that I read on here awhile ago that they still had some milk products in them. my daughter is allergic to milk products (more specifically casein protein) so I thought she was not able to have these.

I was browsing through Vegetarian WDW at the bookstore last night, and it said that Dole Whips do contain casein protein. Sorry. :(

In my WDW experience, I can't think of anything that hits the spot on a hot day like a Dole Whip! And as long as they don't contain plutonium or something similar, I'll continue to wolf them down with reckless abandon!;)

Originally posted by dawgfan
This is nothing more than Pineapple Sherbet bought at any grocery store. Sorry...I know many people like them but that is what they are..really. Nothing special.

Y'all must get some awesome sherbert there in the Peach State, my friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter