Dollar rate getting better

Goofyish

DIS Veteran
I see the dollar is falling against the pound at the minute - OnlineFX are offering $1.44 to the pound :)

Tim and Kaylee read this.....The dollar has fallen sharply for the second day in a row, battered by weak stock markets and economic data in the US.The dollar also hit new lows against the yen and sterling, which rose above $1.50 for the first time since the beginning of 2001.

UP UP AND AWAY......;)

jj.....:cool:

I think $1.50 is the bank rate, the tourist rate is a bit below that. Although if paying by credit card you should get something in detween the two :)

The Bank of Scotland had a rate of 1.47 on Thursday and till the end of June is commission free AND if you use their credit cards there is no cash advance fee. Got $1470 travellers cheques for £1000.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The dollar rate rising is great news:D I'm not sure wether to buy some T Chq's for October now:rolleyes: Perhaps as soon as I see it start to drop I'll get them.

Unfortunately I need to buy Euroes for August and that is not so good!

I got Travellers Cheques yesterday at Thomas Cook and got $1.43 to the pound.

Tartan Tigger--$1.43 that'a a bit of a rip of ,you should of got a least $1.45-46.A rule of thumb is 3 points on the inter-bank rate - ie if the tv is quoting a bank rate of 1.50 then you should get 1.47.

jj.... :eek:

Got $1.43 on Saturday at Going Places. I've noticed that the tourist rate is lower in certain parts of Scotland than it is in England. Don't know why, but there seems to be a regional variation. Well, at least it's better than we got last year - $1.34!!!

Louise

Hi,

I work in the foreign exchange at Thomas Cook and wanted to tip you off that on Saturday all travel agents 'tweak' their rates a bit lower because when the banks either don't open or close very early the TA is the only place to buy currency and they have no competition.

We had a rate of 1.43 yesterday.As it was the same rate as the day before ie it normally would have dropped ( so would be 1.42),I will take a bet the rate will now be 1.44 tomorrowor the next day.

Try to remember historically Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursdays have the better rate;)

Hi,
Just spent a couple of days in London and noticed that the TTT moneycorp exchange booths had a rate of $1.53 to the £1 with a 1.75% commision.Not sure how that compares with a lower but commision free rate (never was any good at maths)at other sites.Could be that the rate will improve further if any more US companies admit to "creative accounting".

Mick

:smooth:

www.ttt.co.uk

Ive just gotten 1.47 at Co-op travel. I thought I'd make the most of the good rate ready for my Decemeber trip:D

Emma

Just had a call from our travel agent, Holiday hypermarket that they have zero % commission on dollar travelers cheques between 4-7th July, every little helps!Regards Anita:)

:D

The Post Office is offering 0 % commision on American Dollar travelers cheques till the end of the year. Not sure what the rate of exchange is though .:)

The Post Office is offering 0 % commision on American Dollar travelers cheques till the end of the year. Not sure what the rate of exchange is though
The PO usually come out amongst the top rates being offered, so with 0% commission I would think they'd be a good bet.

Just had a look on the post office web site .They are offering

1.471 dollars to the pound ;) Now all I have to do is convince Dh to part with some of his pennies earlier than planned. He's gradually coming around to the idea ;)

We fly in 15 weeks !!!!:Pinkbounc

Hi,
TTT moneycorp are still offering $1.53 with 1.75% commision with my limited maths I reckon that nets down to about $1.50
Lets hope it lasts.

Mick.

:)
Thanks Mick Do you have a web address for TTT moneycorp?

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
And thats a big yes lets hope it keeps getting better:Pinkbounc

Hi Jue,
Yes the website is:

www.ttt.co.uk

Click on the "retail" tab and then special offers,sadly the rate as dropped to $1.52 today but still not bad.

Mick

Didn't buy from money corp as no branches are local to me and didn't want to pay credit card commission on the web.Just been up to the post office and bought commission free travellers cheques at an exchange rate of 1.4628 . Noticed the dollar had strenghtened against the pound today so didn't want to miss out.:Pinkbounc In 1999 we paid a rate of 1.54 dollars to the pound so the rate I bought at today was almost equal to that.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter