Dolphin experience at Discovery Cove

sashasmommy

Earning My Ears
Is it possible for a family member not in the water to get good pics on an iPhone X, or should I suck it up and pay for the photos?

You can get good photos with a good camera from the shore (position yourself behind the DC photographers since they pose the shots that direction).

You also get free lockers, so bringing a good camera isn't too inconvenient. I have great shots from an older DSLR from the beach. My phone would take crappy pics from there, but it's not exactly an iPhone.

My friend did a decent but not great job using mine - practice ahead of time would have been helpful. But more important was getting situated "behind" the DC photographer. Sets up the shots nicely. I'll add some photos later for you.

Worse angle / less familiar w/ camera:

1063.jpg

1101 2.jpg

Better angle / more familiar w/ camera:
1290.jpg
1371.jpg

They will not allow someone not participating in the dolphin swim in the water. You can have someone try and get photos from the shore, but it can be difficult and tricky. But, if they don’t manage a good photo, you can always go and just buy one or two photos without buying the entire package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter