Dolphin - standard - no view room

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
What is it a view of ?
Inner wings ?
Outer wings ?

It is the least expensive rate

Also can the Dolphin resort reservation families do the 60 day meal reservation and the Theme Park reservation ?

Rooftops and loading areas.

Attachments

• CD14E746-537B-4AF5-9705-1AC0318EB031.png
    CD14E746-537B-4AF5-9705-1AC0318EB031.png
    943 KB · Views: 121
Typically a view of the parking area at the front of the resort. And yes Swan & Dolphin guests get the 60 day window for Disney Park Pass. You will also need a ticket.

Dave

generally it is a view of anything not particularly nice such as parking lots, roofs, walls etc. Also standard rooms are more often found on low floors where nearby poor views are more visible.

Standard = no view (e.g. nearby wall/building) or poor view (e.g. parking lot)

we do not mind a roof top view - as long as it is a quiet room
Just DH & DW on this trip
We can get our tickets separate and link it to My Disney Experience
We will end up with standard colored wrist bands - since they would be for our Pop reservation - I assume I will get them in the beginning of Jan or Feb 2021
Our reservation is for mid May 2021

I will ask the Dolphin for some 'pixie dust' with a standard room :)
We have Marriott points too - not enough for the Dolphin.

The Dolphin rate is only $50 more than our Pop Preferred Value Resort room
Plus Dolphin room is 360 sq ft and the Pop room is 200 sq ft ?
Dolphin room wins in size - both have double beds
Marriott Senior Discount, includes 62 years and older valid ID required
$271 total cost with fees and taxes
Monday April 26 - Sunday May 2, 2021

DW will be 62, DH will be 64
We would do 5 days in the parks
Could eat along the BoardWalk - YC/BC, and the S/D

@pooh2001 there is a great, long, ongoing thread that is a great asset for all Swan & Dolphin questions, you might check out Walt Disney World SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORTS Information & Questions.

We've stayed at both S & D and love it, location is great. The Heavenly Beds & Heavenly showers are a big plus too. Room views can vary, as discussed on the thread I mentioned there are some roof top A/C views and one almost famous dumpster views. But most are all good views, and unless by some stroke of magic and C19 is wiped out they should be able to move you if it's a bad room.

I called the Dolphin - got a great senior rate with our Marriott rewards
They gave us a resort view with a balcony for $251 a night !!!!!
April 25 - May 2, 2021

Now just hoping for a COVID-19 vaccine :)

We will end up with standard colored wrist bands - since they would be for our Pop reservation - I assume I will get them in the beginning of Jan or Feb 2021
When is your POP reservation? I believe I read WDW will not be providing complimentary MBs in 2021.

both have double beds
POP now has queen beds - 1 queen and 1 queen murphy table/bed.

Also don't forget that DME isn't available for S/D. In case you usually use it.

Just to warn you, the Disney vibe, whatever that might mean to you, isn't present at the S/D. The vibe there is more like Nice Standard Hotel That Could Be Anywhere in the U.S. But the location is great.

We have never used DME - so a car service is fine - Maybe even the Minnie Van

Our Pop reservation is in 2021 for mid-May after the Cheerleaders are competed and are gone
To be fair to others - by January 2021 - we will cancel our Pop preferred room, so someone else can have it :)

Our Dolphin reservation is now for our original dates - Last week of April into 1st week of May
Less crowds = schools not out (in the North) or just out (in the South) for the summer, less rain, less humid
Also it is after Easter, before Mom's Day and the cheerleaders can have all the value resorts they want

The Dolphin shares buses to MK with the Swan, BW and YC/BC - not a problem
We can boat to DHS and walk to EPCOT
AK is a bus - not sure if we are going to that park - need the Lion King Show to be available - and DH can not
eat low-salt anywhere is AK - so no meal in AK

We love the Dolphin and we do not need Disney themed rooms.
I do bring a few Disney themed items to have in the room, been there before, done that
The beds are so comfy at the Dolphin - we do not mind the double bed - we have a queen at home,
but can survive on a double Heavenly mattress bed with nice soft linens.
I also get flowers from the Disney Florist

Plus there has to be a vaccine for us to go to WDW - we are in our 60's - so far no COVID-19, we wear masks, use Lysol wipes on our food carts at food shopping, and use hand sanitizer a lot. ;)

DH can not eat low-salt anywhere is AK - so no meal in AK
Any of the TS restaurants at DAK, with the possible exception of Rainforest, will make a meal to order for your DH. At least it's been that way in the past. I have no idea what the current situation is like. But, for example, I've had Yak & Yeti make me an order of steamed vegetables and jasmine rice. Zero salt. It can be done. Not at CS, but at TS. I'm not really sure how anyone could have a low-salt meal at any CS restaurant at WDW unless you ordered just the carrot and grape packets. Everything else is Salt City.

DH like the idea about Yak& Yeti - liked the veggies - made fun of the word Jasmine for the rice - DH thought if the character Jasmine :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!