Dolphin swim

Atlantis~crystal

Earning My Ears
Hi !I have a question regarding the "dolphin swim"My little girl will be only 5 years old and we read that a person must be 6 to swim with our Dolphin friends.What's an Atlantean to do?Is there a dock where she/we could get close enough to them?Is there such a thing? so perhaps "they" could approach her out of the water(I mean not a swim) ofcourse.We would appreciate any info on this subject.A dolphin lover at heart!We have seen them in their natural habitat in the Atlantic Ocean many times.Discovery Cove sounds like a beautiful place.However we are not interested in sharks..just Dolphins,birds,fish..nothing too personal against sharks(sorry Shark lovers)!Sincerely,~Atlantis~crystal~

The lagoon that the dolphins are in isn't roped off nor does it have barriers to it so there is nothing to stop her being able to walk up to the water's edge while others in your party do their swim. It is possible to do your "dolphin experience" without going out of your depth for people that can't swim. The dolphin lagoon is central to the park and many people have their loungers set up near to the waters edge, you can see and hear the dolphins easily from this position.

The sharks are not easy to see, but the coral reef swim is excellent. The kids all seemed to love the stingray lagoon and the aviary where they could feed the birds by hand and even pet deer was also very popular.

Hope you have a wonderful day there

Hi, Thanks so much for the info on dolphins.We will be there with bells on!It all sounds great.Thanks again,that's a big relief.(Big smiles)

Yes, and if you get a far lagoon, we did (off the Sand Dollar Cabana) you can pull a chair right on the rocks.

The dolphin wont come that close I dont think, but you never know.

I'm not sure the staff would let a five year old wander to the edge of the lagoon or interact with a dolphin unsupervised. There's just too much liability.

I think an adult will have to stay with the 5-year-old while others in the family do the swim. She will be able to see what is going on, but I don't think she'll be able to get very close.

You might be able to have a little bit of interaction at Sea World in the dolphin area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter