Don’t Give Up on ‘Ohana!

We just had a wonderful dinner at ‘Ohana tonight.

The food was DELICIOUS, especially the steak and noodles. I wasn’t thrilled with having to peel the shrimp. I have never had to do that in a restaurant. That’s the chef’s job, not mine. Regardless, it was really great.

The Lapu Lapu and Mai Tai seemed watered down, then again, I make strong drinks. Our waiter was rather snarky, but he didn’t charge us the extra $5 for the Lapu Lapu to be served in a pineapple, so that made up for his fresh attitude.

My DD’s BFF has severe gluten and dairy allergies, so the chef came to the table to speak with her. He then proceeded to serve her a modified salad, then main course, and finally dessert. He was basically at our table 4 times, and couldn’t have been more attentive.

The gentleman helping our server was very friendly and also was very solicitous.

It was not loud or rowdy at 6:00 when we got there. The coconut races were tame. We were not rushed. If anything, we were done well before they were ready for us to be done. We didn’t want seconds. It was too much food. I regret having bread in the beginning because I could only manage three bites of dessert. We were there till 7:30.

We didn’t experience anything negative except that the waiter had a snarky way about him and seemed upset that we didn’t want more food.

Otherwise it was great. We will definitely return.

I have had the pleasure of eating at Ohana's on many occasions and I can say I have never had a bad experience (at least 10 times). The food is always delicious (lots of protein), the service is top notch, and the atmosphere is perfect.

The only issue I have had is.....It's possible to get a skewer of food that is not hot, but just let your server know and they will come back with a "Freshly Grilled" hot skewer for you.

Love the Poly and Ohana's.

If you can get a reservation about 30 minutes before "Happily Ever After" (firework show at Magic Kingdom)at 9pm, it makes the meal even better : )

Last edited:
We went into our trip nervous about ‘Ohana based on the recent feedback. We loved it 8 years ago and really wanted to enjoy it again!

We had an amazing time! We were seated within 10 minutes on a busy Saturday. Our server, Newton, was amazing. Food was paced perfectly for us. Not too fast but not too slow either with 3 kids! The singer was fabulous, and the kids loved the coconut races. We lucked out with a perfect window seat and amazing view.

But the food. THE FOOD!! We feasted, it was amazing. We had more than enough of everything, in the right order, and were offered more bread and meat (we barely put a dent in the huge sides dish!) The pot stickers, noodles, salad, and bread were delicious. The chicken, steak and shrimp were perfect. And the dessert, absolutely amazing. They brought out way more than we could ever eat, and included some rice crispy treats for the kids.

I am so SO glad we kept our ADR and went anyways, we would have missed out on an amazing perfect evening and meal if we had canceled!
What time was your ADR? I am worried bc the only time slot was 9;55pm for our upcoming trip!

We've just returned from a heavenly vacation at the Polynesian Village Resort. Talk about PARADISE...that word doesn't even begin to describe it.

We ate dinner for the first time ever at 'Ohana on our second night. My only negative comments are that the drinks were watered down, and there was way too much food. I'm not nuts about peeling my own shrimp...that would be the chef's job, not mine. The shrimp was still delicious, but I shouldn't have to work in order to eat. We LOVED the noodles and szechuan steak. I had no room for dessert, but DH had no problem eating my serving. Coconut races were tame. The restaurant was not loud at all. The vibe was great as was the service. It was awesome!

Breakfast at 'Ohana was just as delicious as always, and they quickly brought out bacon when requested.

Last edited:

Ohana is our favorite restaurant. Did it go downhill?
Not at all. We ate there twice (dinner and breakfast) at the end of July. Both meals were delicious. I wish we had a second dinner there, once in the beginning and again before we left. The dinner we had at Chef Mickey’s was lousy. A second dinner at ‘Ohana instead would have been a much better experience.

I'm really glad I read this thread! I went to 'Ohana back in May and the meat I kept getting were so-so(the steak was chewy and cold) but all the meat my friend got was amazing. I wanted to give it another try with my parents and little brother, but I was afraid after reading some reviews. After reading this thread, I think I'll give it another chance.

I'm really glad I read this thread! I went to 'Ohana back in May and the meat I kept getting were so-so(the steak was chewy and cold) but all the meat my friend got was amazing. I wanted to give it another try with my parents and little brother, but I was afraid after reading some reviews. After reading this thread, I think I'll give it another chance.
I keep fantasizing about the noodles and steak. I'm trying to find a recipe for the noodles. I don't want to wait until the next time we go to 'Ohana. Next time I am definitely booking two nights and one morning there for sure.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter