DonCesar Resort in St. Pete

ProvidencePete

Earning My Ears
It's a Loews hotel, and I'm wondering if anyone has stayed there. If so, how did you like it? Any info will help, because I am getting very close to booking there. It looks like a nice place.

Hi,

It is a very nice hotel...we live about 40 or so minutes from there and have had dinner there on occasion. It has a really nice beach area and the rooms are nice. I think you will like it.

I ended up booking it for the last week in June. We will be staying in a junior suite because of my Loews Platinum. It sounds like a nice room, but there really aren't that many pictures of the room on the net. I think we will have a good time. I have never been on the west coast of Florida, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it from that side. I have been looking at Busch Gardens to have a day or 2 of fun with the kids. Does anyone have any tips as far as that place goes. I know this is a Universal Resort message board, but Maybe someone can give me some info on this. Thanks for the reply disneyisfun, and thanks for anyone else that wants to share their two cents.

If you are a member of AAA you can get a discount on tickets to Busch Gardens and I believe that they are running a special buy one day get the second day free for AAA members. Adventure Island is a water park right next to Busch Gardens, I don't know how old your kids are but that could be really fun too.

The Don is a grand old hotel. The beach is beautiful. Everything at it is first class. I also live near it and been there often. Do not miss the best ice cream parlor in the world there!!!

Thanks for all the info. I checked out the Sea World Board and got some good info about Busch Gardens, I also have AAA, so that was great info too. I'm a crafty old theme park veteran, and any information is helpful, because I have never been there. My kids are 11 and 8, and love Universal, so the relaxing vacation on St Pete's Beach ended up too close to Busch Gardens to pass it up. I think 2 out of our 6 days is plenty for the vacation as far as Busch Gardens goes. So we will end up spending some time at the hotel and beach. I've never seen the Gulf of Mexico, so I'm kind of psyched for that. The hotel looks beautiful, but the web sites do not give up too many room pictures. I'm sure once I fire up all the search engines, I'll find more pics and info. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter