Don't give up on last minute discounts! (a success story)

VeronicaZS

DIS Veteran
DH & I were planning a quick 3-day trip at Pop Century in May that we had to cancel within the 5 day window because everyone in the house caught COVID. When I called to cancel the cast member suggested I postpone the trip rather than cancel so that I would not be charged the penalty. I selected a random weekend at the end of June (24-27). I hope it is okay to state this since it came directly from a cast member.
On June 8 we decided we would rebook for June 19-22, I was able to modify my reservation again and had a preferred room at $222 per night. I kept checking if the discount would pop up and about a week before the trip I noticed I could get a standard room with the discount for the first 2 nights only for $189 per night. I modified the reservation again and made a separate reservation for the 1 night.
I checked daily (hourly...:blush:) to see if I could get the discount for all 3 nights. The DAY BEFORE our trip the discount popped up. I modified my original reservation again and moved my one night stay out a few weeks and then cancelled it. Again, I hope this isn't against the rules since a cast member suggested this.
Overall we saved about $100 which in my mind payed for Genie+ so that made me happy. I hope this helps someone, good luck!

Changing instead of cancelling is a strategy used by many people for resort reservations & ADRs. Happy you were able to finally take your trip & with a discount to boot!! Yea!!

Reactions: AJA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter