Don't Know What To Do!

Princessbaby

<font color=deeppink>Always a Princess<br><font co
Okay, my Dh and I are on the fence about this whole Dining plan. If we were NOT to do the plan, then we would count on CS for a lot of meals and maybe 3 TS. So, my dilemma is this, what is the average cost of TS for 4 people? We are a family of 5, but not big eaters so someone always ends up sharing a meal. We were thinking about (If we chose NOT to do the plan) WCC, 1900 Park Fare and the breakfast at AK. So, can anyone give me an average, ballpark, cost for a family of 4 to these places? I know with the plan it gives us opportunity to try a lot of TS we wouldn't otherwise try. The big issue, I guess, is with ADRs we are on a schedule and when we get to a park, due to weather, crowds, whatever, we may change our park for the day. I think we will feel tied down because of the ADRs. Opinions, please!? :thanks:

If you go to allearsnet.com, you can view menus with prices. That is how I decided if the plan was a good deal for my family. I just added up what our family would typically eat. The dining plan came out way ahead. Remember, it *is a lot of food...but that doesn't mean you have to order it all. When I averaged, it was about $125 for a TS for my family of four.

Oh, about scheduling and feeling restrained. I am only scheduling one TS a day, the rest of the day we are free to do as we please. I based my days on early morning opening, and extra evening hours. We are also going at a slower period of the year so I don't think crowds will force us out of our park of choice.

The biggest benefit for me was that it was pre-paid. My husband...love him to pieces...but he's a bit of cheap skate. :blush: If he was laying down cold hard cash at the moment, he'd be less inclined to order whatever he wanted. This way, it eliminates that stress from him. He can order what he wants, and not freak out when our dd15 orders the $20 steak with the $10 dessert! :rotfl:

I have the cheap-skate hubby too! He agreed to the dining plan (I was shocked) and I am thrilled to be able to order whatever I want (usually steak or seafood) and not have him flip out over the prices at the Disney restaurants. Just one less stress on my vacation. Plus I don't have to hear: "No, you boys can't have dessert!" (they love dessert!) I may or may not save money over my normal food budget, but I will order whatever suits my fancy and that, as the saying goes, is "priceless."

Priorityonecb said:
If you go to allearsnet.com, you can view menus with prices. That is how I decided if the plan was a good deal for my family. I just added up what our family would typically eat. The dining plan came out way ahead. Remember, it *is a lot of food...but that doesn't mean you have to order it all. When I averaged, it was about $125 for a TS for my family of four.
I forgot the prices were listed! I'll have to do that and see what it comes to! Thanks!!

Priorityonecb said:
Oh, about scheduling and feeling restrained. I am only scheduling one TS a day, the rest of the day we are free to do as we please. I based my days on early morning opening, and extra evening hours. We are also going at a slower period of the year so I don't think crowds will force us out of our park of choice.

The biggest benefit for me was that it was pre-paid. My husband...love him to pieces...but he's a bit of cheap skate. :blush: If he was laying down cold hard cash at the moment, he'd be less inclined to order whatever he wanted. This way, it eliminates that stress from him. He can order what he wants, and not freak out when our dd15 orders the $20 steak with the $10 dessert! :rotfl:
The scheduling is probably my biggest issue! But, I think my Dh also would stress over prices!

Tinker*Shell*Bell said:
I have the cheap-skate hubby too! He agreed to the dining plan (I was shocked) and I am thrilled to be able to order whatever I want (usually steak or seafood) and not have him flip out over the prices at the Disney restaurants. Just one less stress on my vacation. Plus I don't have to hear: "No, you boys can't have dessert!" (they love dessert!) I may or may not save money over my normal food budget, but I will order whatever suits my fancy and that, as the saying goes, is "priceless."
I do like the prepaid factor! My DH would be shocked at some of the prices! I'm not too familiar with all the restaurants, but I do know we had priginally planned breakfast at Ak, last year, but we missed it due to EMH :rolleyes1 and he thought that was a lot! Ahem....dear...you don't even know the beginning!! :confused3

I have a cheapskate dh too. When we sat down and thought about it, $37 a day is pretty close to what we'd spend on 2 cs meals and a snack anyway. We'd have at least 2-3 ts meals though, so after looking at meaus we'll come out several hundred ahead using the dining plan. We're a family of 4, but our dc will only be 3 and almost 2. They'll be able to spilt ds's meals.

Keep in mind that you can not share at all you can eat places. The WCC has an all you can eat skillet at all three meals (B, L, &D) that cannot be shared. The other two are buffets that do not allow sharing. So be sure to look at the prices for 5, not 4 when deciding. Ren

renessa said:
Keep in mind that you can not share at all you can eat places. The WCC has an all you can eat skillet at all three meals (B, L, &D) that cannot be shared. The other two are buffets that do not allow sharing. So be sure to look at the prices for 5, not 4 when deciding. Ren
Your right! Those are places you would have to buy meals for everyone! See, this is why I had to post this question, so others can look at any holes! Thanks! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter