• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Don't stop now...we've got another trip to plan - Pre Trip Report(s)

disneyfan97

Mouseketeer
My name is Teresa. I'm a 35 yr old working mom of one adorable, Disney loving little boy and wife to my amazing DH Smith. I've never done a Pre Trip report before, but right now I've got 4 separate trips planned to two different coasts in the next 12 months, so I thought it was high time to get one started. :thumbsup2

Between DVC 11 month window, DVC 7 month window and 180-day ADRs, I've got reservations to make in each of the next three months.

Some trips will have a lot more planning involved than others, but here we go...

So, here's the scoop:
Trip 1: May 2010
This one is a solo business trip to our company's Convention. Well, solo except for the 3000 co-worker who will be there. :lmao:

Trip 2: Labor Day 2010 - Girl's Trip!!
I have never done an all-girls Disney trip and I am SO excited!! There are four of us signed up to run the Disneyland Half Marathon - we are all getting the Coast to Coast medal!!!

Trip 3: October 2010 - My Not So Scary Birthday....I'm not THAT old!!!
This one is a short family trip to celebrate my 36th birthday and finally get back out there for a F&W Fest! We love MSSHP!! It's one of our favorite special activities at WDW!

Trip 4: January 2011 - Chasing a Disney Dream
About a year ago, I made a commitment to train and run a Half Marathon. I registrered for the Disney Half Marathon and started joined a training class. Along the way, I got crazy and set a new goal of running a Full Marathon. :scared1: I accomplished this feat on December 13th in Dallas - but along the way I set a dream goal for myself to run all of the Disney Endurance series races over the next few years. I started last month with the Half Marathon. I will be adding Disneyland in September, followed by the Disney Full Marathon next January. I want that Mickey medal!!!!

We will also be celebrating DS 4th birthday in January!

Come along with me as I make plans and ressies for these trips!
:woohoo:

Trip 1:

Orlando World Marriott
Evening Party is at Sea World - which will be pretty cool since I've actually never taken time away from the Mouse to go up there.
We get some free time on Friday afternoon/evening and most of Sunday. I need to decide if I'm going to do some park time, or maybe just a trip to DTD and some great dining ressies.

Trip #2:
We can't book our dining for a few more months, but we've picked Blue Bayou for dinner on Friday evening and Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast on Saturday morning. Nothing like carb loading on Mickey waffles!

Trip #4:
Well, I figured out our room plan for January 2011. We don't want to go into the negative on DVC points for the Use Year, so we will be spliting our stay between a Studio and a 1-Bedroom. I can call tomorrow morning to make those ressies!

Trip #4:

Called this morning to book the 1st half of our reservation for January 2011!!!! We'll check into a Studio for 3 nights and then move to a 1-bedroom for the rest of the trip.

Trip # 1 - May 2010
Company Convention - Mother's Day weekend

Is it still considered to be Mother's Day if Mom doesn't get to decide what we do???? They always plan this convention during mother's day or father's day. I guess the resorts/convention centers are less expensive that weekend, and it's actually a family trip for most of our attendees. It's the home office employees who have to spend the time away from their families. :(

I will be getting most of Sunday off, so I'm definitely planning so fun WDW activities for this Mommy! :)

Cast of Characters: Me, and about 3000 co-workers. Due to my work obligations throughout the 6 days, my family is skipping this trip. I'll have a little bit of downtime in there to enjoy a few great meals and some DTD time. I'm not sure I'll get to a park...we'll see.

Activities planned: Work, mostly. :lol We do have a Saturday night party planned at Sea World. I've never been there, so I am actually really looking forward to it!

I'll be arriving on Wednesday, May 5th and departing on Tuesday, May 11th.

Restaurants I'm considering:

Thursday evening - Whispering Canyon Cafe, Kona Cafe
Sunday lunch or dinner - Boma, Kouzzina or maybe something at GF
Tuesday breakfast before heading out - Chef Mickey's

Trip #1: May 2010

This morning, I booked a few ADRs!! I haven't talked to my co-workers to see who all might want to go eat on property, so I made them for 4 adults. We'll talk about it this week sometime, but at least I've got something on the books! :)

Sunday night - Mother's Day at Boma :yay:
Tuesday morning - breakfast at Chef Mickey's :thumbsup2

Sunday is pretty much a day off, so I'll probably spend the day at DTD before heading over to AKL for dinner and then over to Poly or GF to watch Wishes from the beach. :lovestruc

Trip #4

I called last week to book the 2nd half of our January trip!!! We are all set for 7 nights at Saratoga Springs (3 nights - Studio; 4 nights - 1-bedroom)!

In two weeks, I can call DVC to try and switch our October trip (7 month window). I am leaning towards the BWV, but that time of year SAB is starting to sway me more towards BCV. Either way we hope to be close to Epcot that trip!!

Wow! Things have been crazy both at work and home, so I haven't had much free time online these days.

September 2010 - I signed up for volunt-earing to get a free ticket for my Disneyland trip. :) I'll be making a blanket for Project Linus! I can't wait to meet up with my friends next weekend and make our blankets together.

October 2010 - I called DVC to Wait List a switch to Boardwalk for our October trip. In the past, I've never had a problem getting a Wait List to come through...so hopefully this one will work out. I know everyone elses does too, but I love to be near Epcot for F&W Fest.

We have a couple of weeks to figure out our ADRs for October. I can call the first week of April. It's my birthday that trip, so I'm trying to decide where I want to celebrate my birthday. I'm thinking either maybe Cindy's castle, or maybe Le Cellier. We seem to eat at our "favorites" every trip <not cinderella's castle...but the others>, so there's not that much I would call particularly special. I'm beginning to re-think that strategy in favor of trying new places each trip, and saving the true favorites for our special dates. Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter