Dont ya hate, how your

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
bombarded on the strip by them people giving you cards for hookers ? I cant stand that, it makes so unfun walking down the strip, why dont they pass a law to stop that

Prostitution is legal in Nevada so advertising for those services is also legal. The ads do have to be censored, however, because they would violate public indecency laws if they were not.

Prostitution is legal in Nevada so advertising for those services is also legal. The ads do have to be censored, however, because they would violate public indecency laws if they were not.

I get its legal, I want them to make a law to say its illegal, it doesnt make your vacation good, and getting tourist dollars is what its all about

Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and Reno. It's legal in the rest of the state.

There are a lot of rules they have to follow--they can't be "on the street", mandatory testing for drugs/STDs, etc.

We lived up in Elko for 4 years (and Vegas for 3)--we saw more problems with prostitutes in Vegas than in Elko. Elko allowed prostitution, and the "cathouses" looked like the bars in town--little houses with covered windows. The doors are locked, and you have to buzz (and then show ID) to enter. Never saw a "walker" in Elko.

Anyways, there are laws about where they can hand out those cards.
Also, the newspaper boxes all over the city? Sex ads (like Car Trader, lol) in a lot of those. Even near schools. (I think that is a bigger problem--no one is monitoring those--at least if the card guys hand a card to an underage person, they-and the company-get in major trouble.)

Those cards wind up as trash all over the sidewalk. They should be given littering tickets!

Those cards wind up as trash all over the sidewalk. They should be given littering tickets!

the people handing them out do not litter though. it is primarily the tourists who take them and then discard them on the ground.

I am here today, I arrived late Saturday. I can honestly say that the number of people handing them out is way down. And not only that I have not seen the litter. I would say it has been cleaned up by 90 percent.

My brother found a good use for these cards.... Collect as many as possible and decide who the best looking hooker is while drunk.

bombarded on the strip by them people giving you cards for hookers ? I cant stand that, it makes so unfun walking down the strip, why dont they pass a law to stop that

We call them the "Flika-Flika" guys. Disgusting. I agree that they should get rid of them, but since I am not a NV voter I guess I will have to deal with it. I just ignore them at this point.

I just keep one hand holding my purse strap & the other holding DH's hand (he kept his other hand in a pocket). We just looked at it as part of the "Vegas" experience.;)

It is called Sin City for a reason... Even if prostitution is illegal in Clark Co. Just keep walking and ignore them, it isn't that difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter