Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

Well I thought maybe someone here would try to go. I’m hoping they still have some of the birthday Mickey bags left too.

Sorry if you thought my post was snarky.... don’t think there are many of us who regularly post to this thread who are lucky enough to live close to Disney springs to go attend a launch. I did see one Mickey 90th bag on disneystore.com but not sure if it is still there. Good luck if you go and let us know how it went and what goodies you got!

Sorry if you thought my post was snarky.... don’t think there are many of us who regularly post to this thread who are lucky enough to live close to Disney springs to go attend a launch. I did see one Mickey 90th bag on disneystore.com but not sure if it is still there. Good luck if you go and let us know how it went and what goodies you got!
But I know that you really DO wish you had. Private jet and could get your hand in one of the new dog bags on Friday!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

:teleport:
Everybody seems negative on the Nutcracker bag. I guess they want to gauge interest before producing it, to tell whether it’s a “sell out in an hour” or “end up in the outlet” type. Personally, I love it and feel a connection with the Nutcracker, movie or not. I’ll be selling last year’s holiday tote & buying this one. But I am trying to hold out for it to appear on the app so that can get my discount.
Okay, I’ve been waiting for the Nutcracker bags to appear on the parks app so I could get my discount. They’re there now, though only in store. But I noticed that they’re part of the Black Friday sale on ShopDisney, at 20% off. (So is one of the Sketch crossbodies.)

But my problem is, I’ve now seen the movie, and... meh. It just didn’t feel like part of the Nutcracker ballet legacy at all.

So do I grab it while I can get 20% off, or restrain myself? I did sell my last year’s Christmas tote, intending to buy the Nutcracker tote or the new Christmas tote, but don’t even get me started on how I just can’t look at those rockets without giggling. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Okay, I’ve been waiting for the Nutcracker bags to appear on the parks app so I could get my discount. They’re there now, though only in store. But I noticed that they’re part of the Black Friday sale on ShopDisney, at 20% off. (So is one of the Sketch crossbodies.)

But my problem is, I’ve now seen the movie, and... meh. It just didn’t feel like part of the Nutcracker ballet legacy at all.

So do I grab it while I can get 20% off, or restrain myself? I did sell my last year’s Christmas tote, intending to buy the Nutcracker tote or the new Christmas tote, but don’t even get me started on how I just can’t look at those rockets without giggling. :rolleyes1

Well ...I ordered the nutcracker tote....and sent it back! Haven’t seen the movie but the bag was just meh....the pattern didn’t grab me so sent it back. The new Christmas print and the pink dogs didn’t knock my socks off either....oh no....could my love affair with Disney Dooney be over?!:scared1: Probably not since I still my love my Disney Dooney collection so will hope future ones will call my name.

Have seen TONS of pink dog bags on eBay!

Welcome to the thread! Love all the Dooney babies and sooo envious you did the transatlantic Cruise!:love:

Welcome to the thread! Love all the Dooney babies and sooo envious you did the transatlantic Cruise!:love:
Thank you! Are there updates when new bags are released?
I'm super excited to find this thread!
Do you have a family photo too?

Awe, no need to be envious. It took us two years to save for it. I'm sure you've been on some amazing vacations too :)

In case anyone is interested, pink dog bags supposedly sold out around 2pm at Disney Springs on BF but we were at last nights’ Christmas party and they had all 3 styles plus the magic band at MK. Saw tons of Nutcracker bags everywhere. Also there are still Food and Wine bags at Epcot including the Passholder bag. All of the Passholder Christmas bags were sold out but we managed to get one that someone returned at Ever After (they still have the other 3 Christmas styles-no other locations have the Christmas pattern but MK, which just has the wallets). No Mickey 90th bags, but again we were in the right place at the right time and we’re able to get 2 small bags and 2 wallets that someone returned. We just happened to be in line buying the pink dog bags and saw them behind the counter.

In case anyone is interested, pink dog bags supposedly sold out around 2pm at Disney Springs on BF but we were at last nights’ Christmas party and they had all 3 styles plus the magic band at MK. Saw tons of Nutcracker bags everywhere. Also there are still Food and Wine bags at Epcot including the Passholder bag. All of the Passholder Christmas bags were sold out but we managed to get one that someone returned at Ever After (they still have the other 3 Christmas styles-no other locations have the Christmas pattern but MK, which just has the wallets). No Mickey 90th bags, but again we were in the right place at the right time and we’re able to get 2 small bags and 2 wallets that someone returned. We just happened to be in line buying the pink dog bags and saw them behind the counter.

Ohhh lucky you ! Surprised they haven’t discounted the food and wine bags yet

That's how I felt about the movie. It was visually stunning but the story itself was forgettable. No Coco or Toy Story there.

Well ...I ordered the nutcracker tote....and sent it back! Haven’t seen the movie but the bag was just meh....the pattern didn’t grab me so sent it back. The new Christmas print and the pink dogs didn’t knock my socks off either....oh no....could my love affair with Disney Dooney be over?!:scared1: Probably not since I still my love my Disney Dooney collection so will hope future ones will call my name.

I wasn't crazy about the Nutcracker color scheme myself but I fell head over heels when I saw the new Christmas print on the various blogs back in October. I wouldn't worry about your love affair being over just because there were a few bags that didn't do it for you. Maybe the universe is trying to tell you to save your $$$ because THE ONE is coming soon!

Since it's December I finally opened my box and used my Christmas tote. I LOVE the pattern but, dang, the tote is huge. I did not expect it to be this big. Are all the totes the same size?

Since it's December I finally opened my box and used my Christmas tote. I LOVE the pattern but, dang, the tote is huge. I did not expect it to be this big. Are all the totes the same size?

Most totes are pretty big (hence the name “tote”) and can be 15”-17” or slightly bigger. I have found the app and online shop do a good job of giving measurements and I will grab a tape measure at home to give me a visual on size. I am a big bag gal so usually order a tote especially if it is a busy print that I don’t think looks good on a smaller bag.

I’m not sure if this was posted or not yet, but I just saw them in MK.

View attachment 368858

Just saw pics on a fashion sight. How do they look in person?

Most totes are pretty big (hence the name “tote”) and can be 15”-17” or slightly bigger. I have found the app and online shop do a good job of giving measurements and I will grab a tape measure at home to give me a visual on size. I am a big bag gal so usually order a tote especially if it is a busy print that I don’t think looks good on a smaller bag.

Just saw pics on a fashion sight. How do they look in person?
Really cute.... but they also have some pink dog bags in stock....all very tempting!

DH just told me last night he ordered me the DVC Shopper Tote for my birthday!! I purchased the crossbody style in March, but regretted not getting the tote, so it’s definitely a nice surprise!! I just love the pattern and colors! Now I have to wait almost 2 weeks to open it - he wants the kids to give it to me on my birthday. :-)

Last edited:
I feel so guilty about this but I'm going to have to sell the Christmas tote on Ebay. I was just going to return it but you have to return it in the original box. I used mine to ship Christmas gifts to my sister. Oops!

I feel so guilty about this but I'm going to have to sell the Christmas tote on Ebay. I was just going to return it but you have to return it in the original box. I used mine to ship Christmas gifts to my sister. Oops!

Sorry you couldn’t mail the bag back to Disney..I didn’t know it had to go back in the same box

I'm going to call customer service today and confirm. Maybe I'm misreading what "return in original packaging" actually means?
That wouldn't mean the shipping box. It would mean, if you were returning a toy or something, it would have to packaged in it's original packaging. A purse only comes wrapped in plastic, you could ship it back in any box and it would be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!