Doorway to Dreams Recap from 8/1

We bought at SSR yesterday, and were given $10 off per point.

And don't forget the $100 Woodfield mall gift card!

Ok We bought yesterday to. But what 100.00 gift card. Please tell.

I did receive a gift card (1 pm time slot) and I did hear the same thing...that it was because the AC was out.

During our discussions about a possible add-on(1:00 PM event), our castmember mentioned that the gift card was coming from the mall since the air conditioning was not working. If that was true then it might have only been available for the groups when the air conditioner was clearly not on or working.

We did the tour today at 2:00. Well done. The tour of the models did go kind of fast. We did not add-on. Too many cruises coming up, bringing the Magic home, 7 day Nov. eastern, and Panama Canal next May.

I can confirm that the $100 mall gift card was only for the 1pm and 3pm groups on 8/01 because the air conditioning was not yet working correctly. They specifically said when I was there in the 3pm group that the air would be working and no other time slots would be offered the gift card.

BTW, there is talk of $12 off per point at Saratoga, why did I only get $10 off per point when I added on 110 points yesterday???? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
:) Dyan

Dyan...

All my notes say, $10 off for SSR & $8 off for AKV....

For purchases of 200 points or more you receive a one-time allotment equal to two times the amount of your purchase. Those points must be used within twelve months of your contract date and reservations cannot be booked more then seven months prior to check-in date.

MattIL, Where did you find the mention of the fact these additional points can only be used within seven months prior to check in? I can't find that in any of the material they gave us? We're planning on going on a cruise with the points, and I really don't want to wait until November to try and book a cruise!

For those of you who bought during the grand opening - have you received your developer points?

Am I wrong to think they are sending a voucher or confirmation in the mail, or am I supposed to call in to see if they are in my account? I'm just a little confused, I never qualified to get developer points before when I added on. Plus, for some reason since they last re-designed the dvcmember website, I cannot seem to log in online anymore to check things like that out.

TIA,
:) Dyan

I never received anything in the mail...they do not show up in my online account either. However, I did book a trip with them....so MS are able to view them.

Note that when you book with MS, you need to tell them you are using developer points. They are managed by a different system. They will hold your room and send a paper request to get the developer points used. Your reservation will not show up online either. Note you cannot combine them with regular points. I have 1 developer point left, and I cannot possibly use i because of this! Can't complain too much though!

You can make a res with dev points and one with reg points and join them, but you can't pay for part of a night with regular points and part with developer points.

Also dev points expire one year from date of purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter