Dopey 2020.....

Umm.... in 2020, Jan 5th and 12th are Sundays - unless I’m looking at my calendar wrong :). Since I’m pretty sure the expo won’t be on New Year’s Day, I’m going to guess, the 8-12th. That’s also the weekend before MLK Day.

Do we have hypothetical dates for this?

Probably Jan 5-9 or Jan 12-16. I’m going to guess the first is more likely.

These dates look odd. For 2020, wouldn't it be Jan 2-5 or Jan 9-12 for the races? Based on the current scheduling pattern of Marathon Weekend falling the week before MLK weekend, I'd say Jan 9-12 is a pretty good bet.

These dates look odd. For 2020, wouldn't it be Jan 2-5 or Jan 9-12 for the races? Based on the current scheduling pattern of Marathon Weekend falling the week before MLK weekend, I'd say Jan 9-12 is a pretty good bet.
Not sure what I was looking at before. My iPhone calendar must’ve been doing something weird. It would be 8-12 because the expo starts Wednesday. They wouldn’t start it Jan 2nd. Because of New Years.

My intent is 2020...anniversary for goofy. Then 2021...thinking this will line up with the park's anniversary.

My intent is 2020...anniversary for goofy. Then 2021...thinking this will line up with the park's anniversary.
Although WDW’s 50th won’t be until October so anniversary festivities may not begin until later.

My sister did Dopey this year and enjoyed it so much that she is planning on doing it again in 2020... and has informed me that I am going to do it with her. Since she is the kind of person who usually gets her way, it looks like I'm in for 2020!

My sister did Dopey this year and enjoyed it so much that she is planning on doing it again in 2020... and has informed me that I am going to do it with her. Since she is the kind of person who usually gets her way, it looks like I'm in for 2020!
And now, I wish I had a sister...:duck:

My brother cant stand that I have 2 Dopey medals.. Sooooo, he says he is going to do it in 2020.. Which means I'll probably be doing it again in 2020...

I am in for 2020. Ran first marathon in 2017 at WDW so I figured I need to take it up to the next level. Glad to see this thread....

A word to the wise. And I know someone can't help themselves, but don't listen to the whole thing about you have to catch a bus by 4AM, yadda, yadda, yadda. This past year was our 2nd Dopey, so just to make sure nothing had changed, we caught the bus early for the 5K, then next three races, we caught 430, 435 and 440 buses and never had a problem. In fact, the 440, we actually got on at like 430 and the guy in charge of loading the bus, was like, ' we're just going to hang out here at the hotel lot for a while, no sense in getting there early and freezing before the race. So we didn't leave til 440 / 445.

If it's a beautiful morning sure, but when it's hovering around 30 with wind, no thank you.

A word to the wise. And I know someone can't help themselves, but don't listen to the whole thing about you have to catch a bus by 4AM, yadda, yadda, yadda. This past year was our 2nd Dopey, so just to make sure nothing had changed, we caught the bus early for the 5K, then next three races, we caught 430, 435 and 440 buses and never had a problem. In fact, the 440, we actually got on at like 430 and the guy in charge of loading the bus, was like, ' we're just going to hang out here at the hotel lot for a while, no sense in getting there early and freezing before the race. So we didn't leave til 440 / 445.

If it's a beautiful morning sure, but when it's hovering around 30 with wind, no thank you.
But there's always that one story of the bus that gets lost, or breaks down, or doesn't show up at all/on time...

Hasn't happened to me personally in 7 years of running at Disney (knock on wood), but there is at least one transportation horror story at every race weekend. :confused3 Getting up early sucks, but I wouldn't risk waiting until the last bus myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts