~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

Two pairs of Ghost 10 on their way! One to work into rotation right away if I still dislike my Ghost 11 and one to sit in my closet waiting their turn.

As long as I can breathe through one nostril I’m good to go, right? I have no fever, body aches, etc. just a runny nose.

Two pairs of Ghost 10 on their way! One to work into rotation right away if I still dislike my Ghost 11 and one to sit in my closet waiting their turn.

As long as I can breathe through one nostril I’m good to go, right? I have no fever, body aches, etc. just a runny nose.

I'm normally good as long as it is not in my chest, so I think you are fine! Maybe slow it down a little and make sure you're getting lots of fluids and rest. Hope you feel better soon!

Did you find the Ghosts on sale? Mine need to be retired soon...

Ugh I've been fighting a cold and headache fro, this weekend too. And, yeah, I think if you have no fever and it's all just upper respiratory, you should be fine to run.

Also...why do they have to change shoes like this? It's so frustrating!

I'm normally good as long as it is not in my chest, so I think you are fine! Maybe slow it down a little and make sure you're getting lots of fluids and rest. Hope you feel better soon!

Did you find the Ghosts on sale? Mine need to be retired soon...

Most places have them marked down all about the same price. Inventory seems to be getting low on some colors so I got two pairs from Amazon since they ship the fastest. I got another pair of black/pink and a pair of purple.

I did not run today. I feel so incredibly yucky. I can breathe through my nose, but the sinus pressure and headache has knocked me on my butt.

I did not run today. I feel so incredibly yucky. I can breathe through my nose, but the sinus pressure and headache has knocked me on my butt.
Ugh. head cold + heat = the worst.

Ugh!! Feel better! I had the same last week and now it’s in my chest!

I do not make a good sick person. I’M BORED OUT OF MY MIND. Seriously driving my DH crazy with my crankypants attitude.

At least my headache is gone as of lunchtime today and tissue usage has decreased. That probably means I can run tomorrow morning. @DopeyBadger I’m supposed to run:
  • Friday: 7.5 @ EB + strides
  • Saturday: 7.5 @ LR
Should I leave it as is or make adjustments? I missed two 4.5 EA runs yesterday and today.

As long as you feel fine to run, then I think you're safe to continue as scheduled. If you miss the 7.5 mile EB though, then drop the Saturday run down to 5 miles EB max. Make sure to pay attention more to the effort of these runs than the prescribed pacing. And don't worry about slowing down or skipping runs as in the grand scheme this minor blip will have a minimal impact.

Well, I did not get to run again today. I’m coughing and coughing like like crazy. Ugh. Tomorrow is our anniversary dinner at Victoria & Albert’s.

Aw! That’s a bummer!! V&A sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary but not sick! Feel better soon!

Well, I did not get to run again today. I’m coughing and coughing like like crazy. Ugh. Tomorrow is our anniversary dinner at Victoria & Albert’s.

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better for your anniversary dinner. We love V&A!

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better for your anniversary dinner. We love V&A!

V&A is a great way to celebrate anything, or even just have a nice evening out. We are having Thanksgiving dinner there this year.

09/10/18 - 09/16/18
IMG_4967.jpg
19 days to go until Under the Oaks Half Marathon! Race shirts have been released & they are including a really nice cooling towel in our swag bag.

41341832_1433954913414884_5019412954668335104_n.jpg

41481231_1435306086613100_7489322735336685568_n.jpg

I'm flying my mom down to babysit the kids. Rob took Friday off from work and we are going to have a nice little getaway!
This training week didn't go so well. I came down with a stupid cold and missed three runs. I still have a lingering cough, but I'm feeling much better. I got new running shoes (Ghost 11) and hated them. I will be sending them back this week.
Monday - I really tried to keep it closer to prescribed pace, but.....
  • Plan: 4.5 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Actual: 4.51 mi @ 11:40
  • Splits: 11:55, 11:53, 11:39, 11:13, 11:35
Tuesday - I wasn't feeling so hot this morning, but still able to get out there and run. By the afternoon I was feeling absolutely awful.
  • Plan: 2 mi WU + 4 x 1 mi @ T 9:46 + 1 mi CD = 7.6 mi
  • Actual: 7.71 mi @ 10:43
  • Splits: 11:44, 11:56 + 9:51, 9:45, 9:44, 9:37 + 11:34
Wednesday - Woke up and was not running. Nope. No way.
  • Plan: 4.5mi @ EA 12:36
  • Actual: nothing
Thursday - Another day of not feeling well....
  • Plan: 4.5mi @ EA 12:36
Friday - Was feeling better, but still having coughing fits so I opted not to run. Today was our 16th anniversary!
14352127_10209420190015411_9021093378768789420_o.jpg

• Plan: 7.5mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
Saturday - I got up early so I could run, shop with my daughter for birthday party supplies and be able to take a nap before our big dinner at Victoria & Albert's. I will be doing a mini dining report on that! I was still coughing a lot :(
  • Plan: 7.5mi @ 11:47
  • Modified Plan: 5mi @ EB 11:47
  • Actual: 5.16mi @ 11:25
  • Splits: 11:37, 11:19, 11:28, 11:23, 11:17, 11:19 (.16mi)
Sunday - rest day thank goodness!

Looking Ahead
I'm meeting with a personal trainer this week to get my initial fitness assessment and to schedule sessions after my half marathon. I don't want to start anything new before race day. I do have plans to go to BodyFlow & maybe Piyo. The stretching could do me some good!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter