Dream December 31, 2018 4-Night Double Dip

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to mention that there is a Facebook page for those sailing on this cruise - we have about 175 members. I am managing FE groups on the Facebook page if anyone is interested. We can also organize the local candy/snack exchange there if it is preferred. Come join us:earsgirl:!

How do I find the facebook group?
thanks!

Thank you!

I would be happy to exchange with you if that’s all we have. However, I hope others join the

Local Candy/Snack Exchange

Bamfield
bobbiwoz

Any more interest? The more the merrier.

I just reserved a table for 2 at Remy on our day at sea.
Yippee

I just reserved Palo for my birthday!

Congratulations to you both on your scores for excellent dinner reservations. Most likely I will not try for the fancy dinners as DH likes to have the dinners with the boys each night. As for dinner, I expect there will be a special menu for New Years Eve. Do you guys think that it will be a dress up night? I haven't figured out if everyone needs just a sports coat or their actual suits. Or do you think that there won't be any dressing up?

Congratulations to you both on your scores for excellent dinner reservations. Most likely I will not try for the fancy dinners as DH likes to have the dinners with the boys each night. As for dinner, I expect there will be a special menu for New Years Eve. Do you guys think that it will be a dress up night? I haven't figured out if everyone needs just a sports coat or their actual suits. Or do you think that there won't be any dressing up?

I asked the question about dressing up, and here’s the link to the responses!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...ticularly-formal-dress.3640619/#post-58329939

I asked the question about dressing up, and here’s the link to the responses!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...ticularly-formal-dress.3640619/#post-58329939

Thanks for asking on the main board. I think we will at least have dinner jackets and I will wear a dress. I agree with the more causal dress for the deck party. I tend to think as a special occasion it won't hurt anybody to put a tie on for dinner.

Getting excited. I get to fill out documents on Tuesday. Seems like is coming up sooner than you think.

Bamfield
bobbiwoz

We use Fish Extenders to give out candy or snacks that are local to your area. We give enough for the cabin to share. Include something from the internet about the treats.

Mention here if you want to be included and start a conversation with me giving your cabin number and the particulars about the members in the cabin. If there are any allergies we should know about, include that.

Bobbi:boat:

Thinking about NYE! Who else?

1. Bamfield
    bobbiwoz

We use Fish Extenders to give out candy or snacks that are local to your area. We give enough for the cabin to share. Include something from the internet about the treats.

Mention here if you want to be included and start a conversation with me giving your cabin number and the particulars about the members in the cabin. If there are any allergies we should know about, include that.

We would like to participate in the candy/snack exchange.
Our cabin is 8158. We are a family of 4, my son (11years) has a nut allergy but the rest of us don't.

Thanks for organizing,
Faye

Thinking about NYE! Who else?

1. Bamfield
    bobbiwoz

Our cabin is 8158. We are a family of 4, my son (11years) has a nut allergy but the rest of us don't.

Thanks for organizing,
Faye
:thumbsup2

Have you been on many DCL cruises?

Bamfield
Faye Lin
bobbiwoz

Hi - I just wanted to follow up on this:

Thanks for organizing,
Faye

It looks like you need a couple of more posts before you can direct PM, so if you want to keep it confidential just PM me when you can. As for the nut allergy ~ how sensitive? ~ just nuts or does it include items where something could be manufactured in a facility that contained nuts?

The reason I ask is we want to make sure your son is safe and having fun with the treats too. We have had the experience in school for someone so sensitive that even the oil on someone's skin could trigger a reaction.

As for number of cruises, this will be our 5th ~ we graduate up to the next Castaway Club level on our next cruise. However, it is our second double dip. I love Castaway Cay! I am hoping to try out the adult only beach now that the boys are older and can be on their own.

Thanks for organizing,
Faye

To clarify, you need 10 posts to be able to send and receive “ conversation.” Usually I do send the list via one, so if you will continue to post, we can all get to know each other.

I hope you clarify your son’s nut allergy.

Tom and I are Platinum on DCL. I sort of surprised him by arranging our first for his 60th birthday.:cake:

Tom and I are Platinum on DCL. I sort of surprised him by arranging our first for his 60th birthday.:cake:

Well, I know one of the biggest perks with being Platinum is getting early access to some of the port activities. I think you would need that to ever get a Cabana on Castaway Cay, don't know if I would do that as they are so expensive. And what a nice birthday gift!

I knew there was a new term for PM but I haven't been active in awhile, haven't gotten used to some of the "newer" stuff. I only tend to be on the boards when I have a trip planned.

I think I must of mentioned in a early post that we are spending a few days at Disney before the cruise. I am not sure what we will do with all those folks there but I wanted to soak in some of the atmosphere. However, I feel like I hit the lottery yesterday. I have been lurking to see if I could score a dinner at BOG, I even following the forum for dropped reservations. I happened to go in at lunchtime at there were two seatings. They must of released some more seats. I grabbed on those. So, we will see if the new 3-course menu is any good. DH and I had dinner there while the boys were on a band trip in March '17, but it will be much more fun with them. That is another reason we like to go on the Disney Cruises they boys love to eat in the restaurants.

Well, I know one of the biggest perks with being Platinum is getting early access to some of the port activities. I think you would need that to ever get a Cabana on Castaway Cay, don't know if I would do that as they are so expensive. And what a nice birthday gift!

I knew there was a new term for PM but I haven't been active in awhile, haven't gotten used to some of the "newer" stuff. I only tend to be on the boards when I have a trip planned.

I think I must of mentioned in a early post that we are spending a few days at Disney before the cruise. I am not sure what we will do with all those folks there but I wanted to soak in some of the atmosphere. However, I feel like I hit the lottery yesterday. I have been lurking to see if I could score a dinner at BOG, I even following the forum for dropped reservations. I happened to go in at lunchtime at there were two seatings. They must of released some more seats. I grabbed on those. So, we will see if the new 3-course menu is any good. DH and I had dinner there while the boys were on a band trip in March '17, but it will be much more fun with them. That is another reason we like to go on the Disney Cruises they boys love to eat in the restaurants.

I hope we meet and you review your BOG dinner! We have a BOG breakfast in February and we have the counter service dining plan, so I was thrilled to get that ADR.

We will go into AK on December 30. We are staying at BLT, so we want to see the fireworks from there at night. The parks will be crowded, but we have done that time of year for about 8 years.. trying the cruise to see if we should change our tradition!

I do not walk well on sand at all, so a Cabana would make me feel like a prisoner! DH helps me get down to the snorkeling water and I usually stay in for about an hour. It makes me happy to see fish and the statues. I finally found the Mickey Statue two visits ago... so I head out there.

Do any of you snorkel?

Bobbi:)

DH helps me get down to the snorkeling water and I usually stay in for about an hour. It makes me happy to see fish and the statues. I finally found the Mickey Statue two visits ago... so I head out there.

Do any of you snorkel?

We love to snorkel! On other cruises we usually try to do a snorkel excursion at every port. However, I always seem to get hurt every time, long story. (Fell down a ladder one trip and was bruised up and broke a toe on another.)

We started the boys when they were 5 and 6, barely swimming independently so I used to drag younger DS around with me all the time. Now, that he is 6ft, he can drag me around this year. I like looking at the statues too, but I think there is an "old" submarine out there, it reminds me of the ride back in the 70's. I loved 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but there aren't many of us left that remember that being there.

I am hoping that it isn't going to be too cool. We have been on a past cruise where we haven't made it into Castaway Cay due to weather. The Captain tried 4 or 5 times and just couldn't make it in due to the wind. I couldn't believe how mad folks were, Disney went out of their way to make up for not getting in. I would rather be safe.

Have you ever done the late seating? This is the first year we are going to try it. As everyone is older, it seems like we were always rushing to dinner, so we are doing something different. I heard it is a little more laid back and not so many families with smaller children?

I am hoping we definitely get to say hello!

We have never done late seating, so no experience.

Yes, I have seen the submarine-like piece in the snorkeling area, and yes I definitely remember the ride. Our sons are 41 and 44. First visit to WDW was 1977 before our second was born.

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter