Dream July 4, 2018 Castaway Cay Double Dip

Wendy&Grumpy

DIS Veteran
Finally booked a Castaway Cay double dip - who's joining us? :flower:

FISH EXTENDER organization has begun!

Groups will consist of 11 families each - yours and ten to gift to - and will be closed as they are filled.
You are welcome to join more than one group if you wish; if you are in multiple groups with any other families. you and they will only be gifting each other once, not twice. :)

Please provide (either through DIS messages or FB messages):

cabin number
first & family names
ages for all under 21
favorite characters for all
any allergies or special occasions being celebrated onboard
an email address to send your final group list

Last edited:
Glad to find this thread - we just booked yesterday! DH, me, and DD (who turns 11 on July 3rd! This is her birthday cruise)

First time Disney Cruisers. Just booked this cruise. Happy to accept tips on all topics, advice and info. My hubby and I are a couple of younger grandparents, taking our grandson on his first cruise.
Q: How do I add a picture in the name box too? :flower1:

Q: Do we pick people and invite them to be our Fish Extender buddies?

Q: How can you be sure your F.E.B. will actually participate. (At work we had one poor Secret Santa girl who's Secret Santa didn't give her anything.(it was really a buzz-kill for the game.)

Last edited:
First time Disney Cruisers. Just booked this cruise. Happy to accept tips on all topics, advice and info. My hubby and I are a couple of younger grandparents, taking our grandson on his first cruise.

Q: How can you be sure your F.E.B. will actually participate. (At work we had one poor Secret Santa girl who's Secret Santa didn't give her anything.(it was really a buzz-kill for the game.)

It's been so long since I added my picture that I don't remember how I did it! Maybe someone else remembers?

As far as fish extenders, when we get closer I'll start organizing groups. There's never any guarantees that all who sign up will follow through, but we'l go into in expecting that they will. :)

Be sure to join our FB group as well since it seems to be pretty quiet around here these days!

Click on your user name, upper right of page. That will take you to your profile page. Second thing you can edit is your avatar - this is where you can put a picture. May have to post 10 times before this becomes available though. It's been a while but I remember having to have 10 posts for some things to work.

:-)Hi Everyone! First time cruisers here! I am so excited. Family of four and we are looking forward to this wonderful experience...! And planning it is so exciting! And I almost feel like there isn't enough time get everything done on time :P
Looking forward to interacting with you all and learning a lot!

And just requested to join the FB group - actually saw two groups so not sure which was the correct one so requested to join both:-)

Last edited:

Also interested in figuring out these fish extender groups! Just ordered one!

Also interested in figuring out these fish extender groups! Just ordered one!

The way Fish Extender exchanges work is that families are added to groups as they join. Each group will have 11 families, meaning your own and ten that you will be gifting. What and when you give is completely up to you! Some families choose to give cabin gifts, some gift individual gifts for everyone, some do couple gifts for adults & individual gifts for kids, and some go all out, gifting several times in different ways! It's meant to be fun, not stressful, so just do what you can do and enjoy! And please be sure to join our fb group, as it's easiest to communicate back & forth there. :)

Hello, we're just signing up, and are looking forward to the double dip! We also put in a request to join FB. We are definitely interested in FE program, and already have a few items we're planning to use.

Thanks!

Hello, we're just signing up, and are looking forward to the double dip! We also put in a request to join FB. We are definitely interested in FE program, and already have a few items we're planning to use.

Thanks!
Welcome!!!

Our family's second Disney dream cruise. Took one March of 2015 for kids spring break. Two kids, 15 and 13. Not sure what this whole double dip thing is? and What is Fish Extender??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter