DREAM - May 10th, 2019: 3-night Bahamian from Port Canaveral

calliest

Asante Sana, squash banana
Ahoy! Incredibly excited for our family's first ever cruise! We are planning on making it a surprise this Christmas for our 3 children who will be 7, 5 and 3 at embarkation! Going to make it a treasure hunt, with little cruise necessities at every clue, culminating with stuffed "sailor" versions of their favs (as of now it would be ariel, goofy and baymax) followed by the free cruise call offered by DCL! :)

Looking forward to chatting with you all and sailing with you next year!

Hello from the Uk

My dh and I will be sailing on this cruise - it will be our 9th Disney cruise

We booked our flights to the states this week, so after getting over the cost lol I’m really excited and have started my countdown. Just need our accommodation sorting for before & after the cruise.

Good luck in keeping the DCL secret until Christmas x

Helen

Wow, 9 cruises! You're almost platinum! I can only imagine how much a flight from the UK costs! I suppose that is a testament to the Disney brand and how much fun you have on their cruises. ☺

We are local, port Canaveral is 1 hour away. I am looking into nearby hotels and considering having a friend drop us at a hotel so we could leave our van at home and stay the night next to the port. Which sounds dodgy! But you know what I mean.

After the cruise, I'm considering a night in a Disney resort so we could take the dcl bus. Our home is 8 miles to the wdw gate, we have annual passes but we have never stayed on property! I was thinking it might help with the sadness of debarkation day!

Have you ever participated in the fish extender exchange? I adore the idea but I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it off this time. My kids keep me busy in circles!

Wow, 9 cruises! You're almost platinum! I can only imagine how much a flight from the UK costs! I suppose that is a testament to the Disney brand and how much fun you have on their cruises. ☺

We are local, port Canaveral is 1 hour away. I am looking into nearby hotels and considering having a friend drop us at a hotel so we could leave our van at home and stay the night next to the port. Which sounds dodgy! But you know what I mean.

After the cruise, I'm considering a night in a Disney resort so we could take the dcl bus. Our home is 8 miles to the wdw gate, we have annual passes but we have never stayed on property! I was thinking it might help with the sadness of debarkation day!

Have you ever participated in the fish extender exchange? I adore the idea but I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it off this time. My kids keep me busy in circles!

8 miles from WDW that must be amazing! We have to make the most of our visit so stop for 2 weeks. We joined DVC back in 99 . The plan for this trip is fly on the 6th have 4 nights at a dvc Resort then the cruise followed by another 7 nights at dvc .

Staying at the port is a good call. When online checkin opens for you, make sure you choose the earliest port arrival time. There’s a lot too see in the port. We will be probably getting a town car to take us as despite visiting lots we,ve never drove in the states. It’s just too scary & different for us. (Can’t get my head around turning right on a red light)

Yes in the past I’ve both participated & organised various fish extenders and meets. Although not sure if I’ll be able to bring gifts this year due to space in our luggage! Would be willing to help though.

Think as a first timer you need to be warned- DCL is addictive. Our first cruise was back in 2000 and was supposed to be a once in a lifetime event as part of our honeymoon.

This is going to be my 4th cruise but first solo cruise. I'm both excited since I love the Disney ships and time relaxing but nervous since this will be my first time cruising alone. Hoping to meet some fellow disers.

This is going to be my 4th cruise but first solo cruise. I'm both excited since I love the Disney ships and time relaxing but nervous since this will be my first time cruising alone. Hoping to meet some fellow disers.

Welcome wow a solo cruise, very peaceful- I’m helen from the uk , it’s going to be my 9th cruise

Welcome wow a solo cruise, very peaceful- I’m helen from the uk , it’s going to be my 9th cruise

Hi! Kate here. I used to travel with my husband but since we separated I haven't found anyone who wants to spend the money it costs to travel so I've been having my own adventures. Looking forward to trying my first solo cruise.

Hi! Kate here. I used to travel with my husband but since we separated I haven't found anyone who wants to spend the money it costs to travel so I've been having my own adventures. Looking forward to trying my first solo cruise.
Hi Kate, Helen here. Do you have far to travel to get to the port?

I'll be flying in from Indianapolis! I haven't decided if I'm going to come in the night before or that morning. I'm waiting for flights to be released.

Hi everyone! My family of 5 will be sailing with you all after our WDW trip! We are so excited. I have been trying to find an FE and ornament exchange for this sailing, but have not located one yet. I am happy to organize one if someone hasn't already and if there is one, we would LOVE to be included in the fun! Thanks so very much. Look forward to chatting with you all!

Hi everyone! My family of 5 will be sailing with you all after our WDW trip! We are so excited. I have been trying to find an FE and ornament exchange for this sailing, but have not located one yet. I am happy to organize one if someone hasn't already and if there is one, we would LOVE to be included in the fun! Thanks so very much. Look forward to chatting with you all!

Hello & welcome,

I’m Helen from Uk. There has not been any mention of a FE . Unfortunately as I have limited luggage space I won’t be able to participate this cruise. But hopefully someone will for you.

Have you been on the Dream before? It’s a gorgeous ship

Thanks so much! I am happy to organize one since I don't see one yet, if the need is there. We have been on the Dream several times :) She's a beauty for sure!

Hello everyone, my husband, daughter and I are very excited to be cruising with you all. I have cruised with Disney twice in the past. My husband and daughter are first timers.Does anyone know what day the princess tea will be? We are interested but we are wondering if it will interfere with land excursions. Also does anyone know if there is a small refrigerator in the stateroom? My daughter is a type 1 diabetic we need it for her insulin.

Hello everyone, my husband, daughter and I are very excited to be cruising with you all. I have cruised with Disney twice in the past. My husband and daughter are first timers.Does anyone know what day the princess tea will be? We are interested but we are wondering if it will interfere with land excursions. Also does anyone know if there is a small refrigerator in the stateroom? My daughter is a type 1 diabetic we need it for her insulin.

Hi welcome,

I’m not sure when the princess tea will be. I would guess sometime on the Nassau day. I’ve had a look on a 3 night recent navigator but it wasn’t stated, probably because it’s a ticketed event.

Yes there is a very small fridge in the room. I know because I like to order chocolate milk & cookies from room service lol.

Have you filled in the medical form ? It’s to let dcl know and request sharps bin etc - not sure if this link will work but i’ll Try
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-services-information-form/

Thanks so much! I am happy to organize one since I don't see one yet, if the need is there. We have been on the Dream several times :) She's a beauty for sure!
Have you found the FE thread yet? my family would like to participate as well please!

Can't Wait to sail with you all!

Hi Everyone!
This is my first family Disney cruise and I'm very excited. I'm taking my daughter, son-in-law and my 1 1/2 year old granddaughter with me. I've been watching lots of videos and trying to figure out how to participate in the FE for our cruise. Can anyone tell me if it's happening and what to do?
Thank you.

Hey Kate!
I'll be cruising with my son but I know he'll abandon me as soon as the teen club opens. My hubs is staying home this trip, let's catch up! I have dinner plans for myself at Palo on day 2 and I'm still figuring out exactly what my plans are for the castaway day as well! I'm so excited about this little surprise trip, I just booked us last night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter