dreamer - skyauction.com?

reeddi

Mouseketeer
I was looking on this web-site after reading your post. What's the deal? Is it a timeshare thing? Do you just pay the bid amount and the $195 fee and that's it? Are the places nice? This looks like a great deal if it's true.:p

Hi reeddi - It seems that they deal with many timeshare properties. I think they have some hotels thrown in from time to time along with air. Yes, you are correct you pay the bid amount plus that service fee (usually $195 per week). I noticed that when you bid on packages with air it's a service fee per person, so be careful of the wording. We used their automatic bid option where you place your highest bid and it slowly ticks up to that amount when other bidders try to out bid the highest price. Regarding, the bid that we won we were notified immediately at our email address. We had to fill out their form (it's like a standard application) along with credit card information and check in dates. 24 hours later they reconfirmed all information and 24 hours later the FedEx truck was in our driveway delivering the documents! The papers we received was just like the RCI exchange papers timeshare owners recieve. When I call the property directly they had our names and check-in date accurate. I've been pleased!!

dreamer, I have a question too. I was checking out the skyauction site and was wondering how much you are winning auctions for? Most of the auctions I noticed had only $1 bids, is it possible to win an auction for just a few dollars? I realize there is the $195 fee.

Yes, many auctions are sold for $1 bid and the $195 transaction fee. The auction we won was more but that was for a 3 bedroom during President's Week. There are lots of places that end up closing without any bids. No you don't have to listen to any timeshare pitch. You are treated just like a timeshare owner that swaped into another resort for their vacation. I feel it's a great option for people that like villa vacations!

Dreamer:

PLEASE let us know how your experience was. Like the others I checked out this site also and it has some great deals. I just need for someone to come back and tell us it's on the up and up... when's your trip?

We travel in 3 weeks. I will definately post on our experiences. I have a feeling that everything will work out well as I've been in contact with the resort and they even gave me their cross reference reservation number (not Skyauctions). I was able to give villa preferences (floor location) but like everywhere else these were just requests, no guarantees. They will take a credit card imprint on check-in for security purposes, but we won't have any other fees (like cleaning). Oh, an we won't have daily maid service, it's just like a timeshare week where they have a mid week laundry exchange. I'm really looking forward to our bargain week in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter