Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Becoming a Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent - 11/28

@WebmasterJohn or @WebmasterPete - I have a couple of questions...

1) Is this a host agency situation where agents are independent contractors and own their own business?

2) What kind of social media or websites you allow or require with your agents? I have been working on launching a website about planning your Disney vacation. Not a news driven site, but more of a 'how do I plan my Disney vacation?' (without or without a TA) thing which would include pages with descriptions etc. of the resorts and dining.

If accepted, would I be allowed to do that under my own brand or would everything need to be branded Destinations Unlimited? Of course I would also love to contribute to The DIS and point people there as well. I assume Facebook groups are the norm.

Thanks!

@WebmasterJohn Will we only begin hearing back about the job applications after the application end date is closed? Do you know if I have good chances of getting the job if I have college diploma in tourism and past at home travel agency experience? Thanks! ☺️

@WebmasterJohn Will we only begin hearing back about the job applications after the application end date is closed? Do you know if I have good chances of getting the job if I have college diploma in tourism and past at home travel agency experience? Thanks! ☺

Yes - we will only be contacting applicants after the process is complete and only those we invite to be agents. We cannot let everyone who does not get accepted know - there are just too many applicants for that.

I cannot say if you have a good chance or not. We have received many, many, many applications from some very well qualified folks.

1) Is this a host agency situation where agents are independent contractors and own their own business?

Yes.

2) What kind of social media or websites you allow or require with your agents? I have been working on launching a website about planning your Disney vacation. Not a news driven site, but more of a 'how do I plan my Disney vacation?' (without or without a TA) thing which would include pages with descriptions etc. of the resorts and dining.

Agents are not required to bring in their own leads so we do not require them to participate in any social media unless they want to. Obviously those that have a strong presence and following online will attract their own clients. If you are going to have your own website and become an agent with Dreams you would have to follow the rules set forth by Disney as far as copyright, etc.

@WebmasterJackie @WebmasterJohn Hi Jackie and John: Hope you’ll accept international agents soon. I’ll love to have a fool time job booking WDW trips in Mexico. Here any travel agency can book packages to Disney, but not a single one know anything about advance dinning booking reservations, FP+, MDE, all aspects about resorts, etc That’s why I’ve for the moment my “hobby job” helping people plan their perfect bespoke trips with all the tips and tailored itineraries.

@WebmasterJohn Good Morning! I am just checking in to see how things are looking in regard to the travel agent applications. I’m wondering if the Coronavirus has changed anything with Dreams Unlimited hiring new agents at this time?
Thank you!

We are still going through the applications. We've received over 1100 applicants. The plan is to still bring on new agents.

As you might imagine things are a little crazy these days but between our regular jobs and helping clients who need to change their current reservations we are still working through applications.

We are still going through the applications. We've received over 1100 applicants. The plan is to still bring on new agents.

As you might imagine things are a little crazy these days but between our regular jobs and helping clients who need to change their current reservations we are still working through applications.
I'm sure you all are super busy. Thank you for taking the time to respond! :)

This too shall pass. When it finally does, Disney theme parks will be busier than ever. I think I had been a bit complacent. After all, WDW was always there, and I thought I could go at anytime. This awful time has made me appreciate the place even more.
I bet that a lot of others will feel the same. May the force be with us!! :goofy::dumbo::chewy::wizard::smickey::tink:

I want to apply, but they are focusing on folks who can do full-time...but just you wait... one day... one day I will be a Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent. I'm an agent now working with another smaller team getting my feet wet. And when the day comes, it shall be so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!