"Dress Code" and Packing Tips for Costa Rica?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
With the holidays behind us, I'm starting to really get excited for our first ABD trip - Costa Rica in April! It will be me, DH, DS8 and DS11. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the "dress code" while we are down there. By "dress code," I'm mostly wondering about dinner attire. Will my boys (and me and my husband) be fine in nice shorts and nice shirts (like a polo-style shirt for the guys) or should we plan to pack dress pants, button down shirts, etc. for any of the nights? We are also staying two extra nights at El Mangroove at the end of the trip. Might we want something dressier for the resort restaurants or other nearby restaurants those two nights?

Would also love to hear any packing tips - things you are glad you took or wish you had took. I've read to plan to pack lots of quick-drying clothes! Any other suggestions??

Thanks!!

I went to Costa Rica in March 2013 and packed waaaay too many warm clothes. One sweatshirt is plenty and you probably won't even use that. It was hot and humid. So pack for comfort and to be cool. I remember dinners were casual even at the resorts so a sundress or two maybe a skirt is perfect. Polos shirts and one pair of nice khakis for the guys, skip anything fancier. Other than that, everyone was in shorts for the most part. Neat shorts but shorts just the same. Very laid back. Even the last night dinner, I think I was the only one who wore a dress.

I was glad I brought my water shoes for the rafting and the spa, a pair of long pants for the zip line, a bag for wet clothes/bathingsuits, a lightweight packable backpack (the one they gave us broke about halfway through the trip), Benadryl (my daughter turned out to be allergic to something in the air that we figure was a plant in bloom?).

Staying two days after is a great idea! We stayed one day on each end and LOVED it! The resorts are beautiful and getting to rest and relax in the pools and ocean after all that sightseeing was heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter