Dressing up for Galaxy's Edge

HockeyMomNH

DIS Veteran
I'm sure I saw official info from Disney before the land opening about dressing up do's and dont's. I can't find it anywhere now. Does any one know what I am talking about?

Also, has anyone done and dressing up and want to share experiences? My DD20 and I are going to be there for the opening of RotR and I think we might need to wear something fun.

I'm sure I saw official info from Disney before the land opening about dressing up do's and dont's. I can't find it anywhere now. Does any one know what I am talking about?

Also, has anyone done and dressing up and want to share experiences? My DD20 and I are going to be there for the opening of RotR and I think we might need to wear something fun.
you can basically wear any SW inspired outfit. Just not full on costume with masks, also no capes :)
Any SW bounding with earth tones look great in pictures

I wore a brown sleeveless knee length skater type dress with a grey cardigan, black cinch belt and black leggings. I had blue hair extensions and my hair down, with no Mickey ears.

For my June 2020 trip, I will wear the same outfit but with some more accessories. I managed to get a Porg On My Shoulder at my local Disney store and I'm on the hunt for a brown satchel bag.

That is exactly the link I was looking for! Thanks.

I told my daughter I was going to do something earth tones and comfy enough so she can wear it to bed the night before. :-)

Basically you can wear normal clothing (plus Jedi tunics) that as a whole comes close to being a costume without actually being one. You can modify your clothing too- have read of people removing buttons and sewing cloth on as there really aren’t any buttons in SW. No capes or weapons aside from lightsabers. I’ve seen tons of Han Solo’s, male and female. Some just loosely with blue bottoms, a white top, and some sort of black vest. Others look pretty close to Harrison in IV, including boots and orange on the side of their blue pants. I usually go as Rey, and so do a lot of others, child and adult. I’m glad her hairstyle is fairly easy to do! I’ve seen all three outfits though the Jakku one seems to be the most popular. Some even wear the arm wraps. You can even wear parts of some of the costumes they sell. For instance, they sell Rey’s grey vest, arm wraps, belt, and white shirt. Wearing all of it at once would probably be too close to a costume, but you can wear the vest over your own white shirt. No go on stormtrooper armor, flight suits, or robes though.

I wore a brown sleeveless knee length skater type dress with a grey cardigan, black cinch belt and black leggings. I had blue hair extensions and my hair down, with no Mickey ears.

For my June 2020 trip, I will wear the same outfit but with some more accessories. I managed to get a Porg On My Shoulder at my local Disney store and I'm on the hunt for a brown satchel bag.

I've owned the Army Green version of this bag since 2016, bought for a family SW cosplay and last WDW visit. I'm buying the Brown one for SWGE and my son who is doing a Flynn Rider cosplay.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RXK8502/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=A1PGYJI73DQW6E&psc=1

Some of the comments on the blog post are saying people have been turned away for wearing outfits marked approved in those images, so I'd be cautious about following those guidelines.

My plan is just to wear clothes I already own in earth tones--nothing with logos, aim for a layered look, but wear clothes that clearly came out of my regular closet. I've got a pair of steampunk goggles I may wear on my head; that's easy enough to tuck into my bag if it crosses the line.

I'm planning on going a sith route. I have black pants, my pointy boots, black scarves and a sleeveless black cardigan to layer. It will be January so maybe the weather will help me out with a cool temperature. Just need a belt that my lightsaber will be able to clip on so I can wear the hilt. :D

Last edited:
You can even wear parts of some of the costumes they sell. For instance, they sell Rey’s grey vest, arm wraps, belt, and white shirt. Wearing all of it at once would probably be too close to a costume, but you can wear the vest over your own white shirt. No go on stormtrooper armor, flight suits, or robes though.

The key there is to throw in some "real world" stuff to make sure it's not a "full" costume. So wear 100% Rey from the waist up with, say, jeans and sneakers and you'll be fine.

Yeah, I wear a white textured shirt (with sleeves that I may remove one day), long green cargo capris (with buttons I should also remove), and a belt with my homemade Skywalker lightsaber hilt. Just recently got the official vest with rewards money and only worn once so far as it’s been too hot. Shoes are jogging shoes that don’t match at all but due to feet problems I can’t wear anything else.

Yeah, I wear a white textured shirt (with sleeves that I may remove one day), long green cargo capris (with buttons I should also remove), and a belt with my homemade Skywalker lightsaber hilt. Just recently got the official vest with rewards money and only worn once so far as it’s been too hot. Shoes are jogging shoes that don’t match at all but due to feet problems I can’t wear anything else.

You've already gone in this outfit?

I'm keeping it simple by grabbing a vest, white shirt, and jeans and essentially copying Han Solo (just like that meme a few posts ago)

I read that last week, excellent article. It’s inspired me to come up with a second outfit/character with more details besides a Rey/Rey decoy. I dunno why security almost stopped him, he looks nothing like any of the BSO citizens. Thats my vest version of my outfit. Sorry for the weird face, I don’t like posting my pic online. I’m in the minority for my generation, I don’t use social media aside from finding info on occasion.

927CEA78-2308-4F3F-B678-8CFCB473395A.jpeg

I read that last week, excellent article. It’s inspired me to come up with a second outfit/character with more details besides a Rey/Rey decoy. I dunno why security almost stopped him, he looks nothing like any of the BSO citizens. Thats my vest version of my outfit. Sorry for the weird face, I don’t like posting my pic online. I’m in the minority for my generation, I don’t use social media aside from finding info on occasion.

View attachment 442248

yeah, it was a really fun article. Inspired me to up my game next time I go.

Fun picture. Keeping your face off social media/the internet sounds pretty wise to me!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!