Dressing up for Galaxy's Edge

Does the no masks or capes rule apply to kids too?

Masks have to leave the eyes exposed. I don’t remember about capes but the rules for GE are no different than the rest of WDW, so the costume policy on the WDW website will apply. If the mask isn’t appropriate it’d probably be fine just for the moments when photos are being taken. I’ve seen kids at the parties with full masks on top of their head except for when photos were being taken.

Masks have to leave the eyes exposed. I don’t remember about capes but the rules for GE are no different than the rest of WDW, so the costume policy on the WDW website will apply. If the mask isn’t appropriate it’d probably be fine just for the moments when photos are being taken. I’ve seen kids at the parties with full masks on top of their head except for when photos were being taken.

Thank you! My son wants to wear his Kylo Ren costume and I hadn't even considered that it might not be okay. I'll double check the policy.

So let me start by saying hi!

Hi!

with that out of the way - I’m 74 days away from my first trip that will include Galaxy’s Edge, and I really want to dress up a bit for the whole effect. I was hoping someone could help me with either a thumbs up, or thumbs down on a jumpsuit idea - not a bright orange one because that would look way too close to the Rebel fighter pilots. But I was thinking blue, or grey? I think they could be added to / modified pretty easily to make it work for a nice day in Batuu...

I tried to include a link But it flagged the post as spam.... Nobody wants that...

Thanks in advance for any help?

So let me start by saying hi!

Hi!

with that out of the way - I’m 74 days away from my first trip that will include Galaxy’s Edge, and I really want to dress up a bit for the whole effect. I was hoping someone could help me with either a thumbs up, or thumbs down on a jumpsuit idea - not a bright orange one because that would look way too close to the Rebel fighter pilots. But I was thinking blue, or grey? I think they could be added to / modified pretty easily to make it work for a nice day in Batuu...

I tried to include a link But it flagged the post as spam.... Nobody wants that...

Thanks in advance for any help?

I'm no expert, but it seems to me like a jumpsuit would be crossing the line.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me like a jumpsuit would be crossing the line.
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I knew that the orange ones would be over the line, but I was hopeful that the others might be passable....

Well, jumpsuits aka rompers are back in...I’m no fashion expert but I’ve seen them in many stores and seen many people wearing them. An unmodified one wouldn’t be an issue, even with layering to give it more of a SW feel. Modifying it would probably bring it too close to being a costume for an adult though.

Well, jumpsuits aka rompers are back in...I’m no fashion expert but I’ve seen them in many stores and seen many people wearing them. An unmodified one wouldn’t be an issue, even with layering to give it more of a SW feel. Modifying it would probably bring it too close to being a costume for an adult though.
That’s what I was hoping! The whole Romper / jumpsuit thing being slightly back en vogue MIGHT help to make it less “costume-ish” and more “bounding.”

I wore a brown sleeveless knee length skater type dress with a grey cardigan, black cinch belt and black leggings. I had blue hair extensions and my hair down, with no Mickey ears.

For my June 2020 trip, I will wear the same outfit but with some more accessories. I managed to get a Porg On My Shoulder at my local Disney store and I'm on the hunt for a brown satchel bag.
OMG- you are going to be SO hot!!! June is not a good time to wear a cardigan and leggings. You might want to reconsider your outfit. It sounds really cute but not practical for June in Orlando.

OMG- you are going to be SO hot!!! June is not a good time to wear a cardigan and leggings. You might want to reconsider your outfit. It sounds really cute but not practical for June in Orlando.

actually I go to Galaxys Edge West in California and I wore this outfit this summer at the start of July 2019. My skin does not like the sun, so I cover up legs, arms etc. June 2020 will be my 11th visit to Disneyland California, all visits have been at the end of June, start of July, so after 10 years, I think I know how to dress for summer in California!

My 15yo DD wants to wear her Chewie onesie - others here have said that will be ok so going with it.

Hi all, I'm making my first trip to SWGE in a few weeks. I purchased this sweater (it's in the fashion of the X wing pilot's outfit) online. I'm planning on wearing it with jeans, black lace up boots and a white shirt underneath. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the front does not close. It just hangs from your shoulders....unfortunately, since I"m not very tall, the edges of the sweater come down to my thighs/knees.

From what I'm reading online, full jedi robes and cloaks are not allowed. Do you think that I would be ok wearing this sweater?? I am thinking about hemming it to make it shorter (just past my waist), but I don't really sew, so I'm afraid of destroying the sweater and having nothing else to wear. BUT I don't want to show up to the park wearing this and be turned away.

I've been trying to link the picture here, but the thread will not post with the picture. I was able to post the picture under member's photos. It's a link from the original shopdisney page.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi all, I'm making my first trip to SWGE in a few weeks. I purchased this sweater (it's in the fashion of the X wing pilot's outfit) online. I'm planning on wearing it with jeans, black lace up boots and a white shirt underneath. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the front does not close. It just hangs from your shoulders....unfortunately, since I"m not very tall, the edges of the sweater come down to my thighs/knees.

From what I'm reading online, full jedi robes and cloaks are not allowed. Do you think that I would be ok wearing this sweater?? I am thinking about hemming it to make it shorter (just past my waist), but I don't really sew, so I'm afraid of destroying the sweater and having nothing else to wear. BUT I don't want to show up to the park wearing this and be turned away.

I've been trying to link the picture here, but the thread will not post with the picture. I was able to post the picture under member's photos. It's a link from the original shopdisney page.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Merged you to the existing thread.
I think you'll be fine with the sweater

Any suggestions for a dad and his elementary age kids who are excited to look the part, but don't want to burn up under the Batuu sun in June @ WDW? My wife has all sorts of inspiration, but we're having problems coming up with ideas for the other 3 of us. Thanks!

A vest over a t-shirt could work - black one like Han or brown like Finn. Or just shades of brown/earthy colors for shirts/shorts with a leather belt or bandolier or a lightweight loose scarf.

Just a random question, with the rules, it does read specific to Disney Land, I assume these rules apply at Disney World as well? Wasn't sure if Disney World was more lenient with any of these costume rules. Thanks!!

Just a follow-up from my recent trip. Sweater was fine! I purchased Rey's sleeveless top the day before and wore that underneath the sweater. I paired it with jeans and black lace up boots. I didn't have a problem at all. I did get some good stares from the Storm Troopers as well as Darth Maul over at the Launch Bay following the Galactic Spectacular show. (especially with my Savi's saber hanging on my hip!)

Just a random question, with the rules, it does read specific to Disney Land, I assume these rules apply at Disney World as well? Wasn't sure if Disney World was more lenient with any of these costume rules. Thanks!!

I think the rules are the same...def no costumes for 14+ at WDW but I have seen 14+ people at HS wearing outfits that were very close to being a costume. A few I was surprised they got through security. Def no sith/jedi robes, masks, capes, or full-on obvious costumes. Wearing part of official costumes along with street clothes that are similar to SW clothes is fine. For example, Rey’s shirt and vest they sell but your own greenish pants and shoes. If you’re wanting to be a jedi/sith a good workaround for the robes is a plain jacket in the correct color, or for women one of those long cardigan type things, on top of tunic and loose pants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!