Dressing up for Galaxy's Edge

Any suggestions for a dad and his elementary age kids who are excited to look the part, but don't want to burn up under the Batuu sun in June @ WDW? My wife has all sorts of inspiration, but we're having problems coming up with ideas for the other 3 of us. Thanks!

A vest over a t-shirt could work - black one like Han or brown like Finn. Or just shades of brown/earthy colors for shirts/shorts with a leather belt or bandolier or a lightweight loose scarf.

That is what I am doing - I got a grey "outdoorsman vest" (has several pockets on it) and will wear it over a t-shirt and either cargo shorts of pants (if not crazy hot - we are goin in February) ... Figure sort of fits the "citizens of Batuu" look with the layers but shouldn't be too hot (it is a light best, almost like windbreaker material)

I forget what blog I was reading while getting amped for my trip but they mentioned a cast member told them just nothing can go past your ankle so I'm trying my I-can't-believe-it's-not-sith look on the 30th.

I’m 74 days away from my first trip that will include Galaxy’s Edge, and I really want to dress up a bit for the whole effect. I was hoping someone could help me with either a thumbs up, or thumbs down on a jumpsuit idea - not a bright orange one because that would look way too close to the Rebel fighter pilots. But I was thinking blue, or grey? I think they could be added to / modified pretty easily to make it work for a nice day in Batuu...
I think if it's a fashion jumpsuit that you accessorize, you'll be fine. If you wear a costume flightsuit you'll likely be stopped, even if it's blue or grey. I think the examples Disney has posted of what's a costume & what isn't aren't super clear, so it's probably at the discretion of security.

FWIW, I'm going this weekend and I'm "BatuuBounding" so I'll report back. Instead of going as a character, I want to look like a citizen of Batuu. I plan on wearing green cargo pants, a navy vest, or long or short sleeves under that, a scarf (I have a yellow scarf and a tan one), I cut some strips of muslin to wrap my hands/forearms, and brown boots. I have seen people dressed like this on multiple trips to SWGE which is why I wanted to do it too, haha. I probably won't wear the scarf & hand wraps until I'm inside SWGE (partly so I don't look like a weirdo at bag check). I don't have a picture of the full outfit, I'll try to take one tonight & post it in my Pre-Trip Report (link in sig) & here. Most of what I'm wearing (minus the scarf) was build out of my closet....I really wanted to buy some blue pants instead of the green ones I have, but I'm trying to not spend a lot of money on this.

I am looking for recommendations for cute Star Wars themed park attire (planning for warm weather so no long sleeves, robes, etc.) I want something cute for my son, and possibly matching t-shirts for the whole family. Any ideas welcome!

If the son is 13 or under, he can wear a full costume. Masks must show eyes and no toy weapons, except for lightsabers. Full costume policy is on the WDW website. Adults can wear normal clothing that imitates a costume/character look, but it can’t be so close to a costume that it is mistaken for one. Lightsabers are fine for adults too. If you’re light side, you could all wear tan shirts and loose pants a slightly darker color to imitate jedi. You could dress in the colors the locals a.k.a. cast members wear. SW shirts can be found everywhere if you want to go that route. Dark side could be all greys/blacks but summer isn’t a good time for that. Google black spire outpost bounding or galaxy’s edge bounding and some results will come up. I like wearing a white top similar to Rey’s, the official grey Rey vest, and loose green ankle pants. If it’s hot I ditch the vest and wear a brown belt with a homemade Skywalker lightsaber hilt attached.

I am looking for recommendations for cute Star Wars themed park attire (planning for warm weather so no long sleeves, robes, etc.) I want something cute for my son, and possibly matching t-shirts for the whole family. Any ideas welcome!
Merged you to the existing thread on the subject

Needing some guidance because the dress I bought for my 5/4 Leia bounding just arrived today and now I’m a bit worried it’ll come across a bit too much like cosplay due to the sleeves. I do have a much simpler backup outfit I plan to bring just in case.

Attachments

• 0EE8DD5F-B753-462E-8228-1A79A3F676C3.jpeg
    0EE8DD5F-B753-462E-8228-1A79A3F676C3.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 46

Needing some guidance because the dress I bought for my 5/4 Leia bounding just arrived today and now I’m a bit worried it’ll come across a bit too much like cosplay due to the sleeves. I do have a much simpler backup outfit I plan to bring just in case.

You will probably be fine. Not much different than anything else in the fashion industry.

Wow- that’s an amazing dress! I would worry about getting it dirty. What kind of shoes would you wear with that?

You will probably be fine. Not much different than anything else in the fashion industry.

Thanks, it was a steal and something I can re-wear for non-nerd things so win/win!

Wow- that’s an amazing dress! I would worry about getting it dirty. What kind of shoes would you wear with that?
I have a pair of comfy gladiator sandals that will work well with it. And I plan on bringing at least one Tide pen because I just know I’m gonna end up with Ronto Wrap sauce on it, lol.

Most assuredly saw kids wearing full blown costumes. Couple boys, musta been 12ish, one in full-on stormtrooper costume with mask, one in darth costume with mask. Many girls in Leia costumes.

Saw lots of adults that were bounding and it was fun to see the creative getups. People had sewn patches on light jackets, and color combinations were fun.

Only thing is, I saw VERY little interaction with CMs other than stormtroopers repeating their same recorded messages over and over. Chewie was inside the falcon fenceline chatting up a few guests one evening. Everytime I saw Rey, she was in a hurry or hiding or whatever. To me, it wouldn't be worth it, but I did like looking at those who participated.

I wore Star Wars-inspired jacket this week on my one day visit and had no problem. I was going to wear similar pants and boots but just too hot. They would have been fine.

I had 4 plus interactions with SWGE costumed-CMs plus numerous others with guests and other CMs commenting/complimenting so definitely recommend bounding if have time/interest/resources. I was in SWGE many hours our one day so YMMV if doing just a quick swing through.

Interactions were twice with Rey. Once she was hurrying close by around a bend and I was so surprised I said "It's Rey!" She stopped on her own and commented on my droid in my clear backpack, which I appreciated, then went off. Second time, she was with Vi Moradi and they came up behind me and started talking to me. I was so surprised I was almost speechless but very happy.

Chewie also came through the ROR queue. He pointed at the Resistance patch and Millenium Falcon pin on our jackets and indicated approval. Small thing but we thought it was fantastic.

Also got some jabs from stormtroopers; saw Chewie, Rey and others interacting with other guests, etc.

My jacket was an LLBean dune colored women's classic utility jacket, which took iron on patches. Other in party had Kuhl smoke/gray Krush jacket, available at REI/REI outlet and used pins. I bought patches and pins from Etsy and other places and ironed/stuck them on such as Resistance, Jedi, Porg, MF and R2, and a larger "Rainbow Rebel" patch featuring Leia on the back, leaving room for future adds. People seemed to especially like the Porg patch and then I didn't feel the need to buy one at the creature stall, and others appreciated the Rainbow Rebel.

Even though hot (mid 80's), it was fine wearing the jackets most of the day and actually good we had them as it was cooler in the queues and Oga's. Also had a lightsaber rainbow tshirt from Redbubble and they probably have other fun t shirts there.

I also got from Kohls a High Sierra clear toploader backpack on sale for relatively cheap ($11) and put my R2 unit in it, which I had made white, orange and blue and as colorful as possible, and sometimes carried on the front and would swivel the head and make noises. Helped keep us amused in the MF queue and generally when hanging out, and all of it helped generate conversation at Oga's and other places with some really nice folks.

I'll also confess I asked (politely and offering to wait longer) for us to be the pilots on the MF. I think our costumes helped with our cred and we got it but maybe you would anyway just dressed as normal and making a polite request.

I'll chime in I also saw kids in full robe/cape and mask and seemed clearly allowed as stormtroopers stopped to allow parents to take a photo with them and the kid.

I also got from Kohls a High Sierra clear toploader backpack on sale for relatively cheap ($11) and put my R2 unit in it, which I had made white, orange and blue and as colorful as possible, and sometimes carried on the front and would swivel the head and make noises. Helped keep us amused in the MF queue and generally when hanging out, and all of it helped generate conversation at Oga's and other places with some really nice folks.
Thanks for this! I was able to order one for my son's R unit (Kirby). They only had lilac left, but Kirby is white and purple, so it's perfect.

I wore Star Wars-inspired jacket this week on my one day visit and had no problem. I was going to wear similar pants and boots but just too hot. They would have been fine.

I had 4 plus interactions with SWGE costumed-CMs plus numerous others with guests and other CMs commenting/complimenting so definitely recommend bounding if have time/interest/resources. I was in SWGE many hours our one day so YMMV if doing just a quick swing through.

Interactions were twice with Rey. Once she was hurrying close by around a bend and I was so surprised I said "It's Rey!" She stopped on her own and commented on my droid in my clear backpack, which I appreciated, then went off. Second time, she was with Vi Moradi and they came up behind me and started talking to me. I was so surprised I was almost speechless but very happy.

Chewie also came through the ROR queue. He pointed at the Resistance patch and Millenium Falcon pin on our jackets and indicated approval. Small thing but we thought it was fantastic.

Also got some jabs from stormtroopers; saw Chewie, Rey and others interacting with other guests, etc.

My jacket was an LLBean dune colored women's classic utility jacket, which took iron on patches. Other in party had Kuhl smoke/gray Krush jacket, available at REI/REI outlet and used pins. I bought patches and pins from Etsy and other places and ironed/stuck them on such as Resistance, Jedi, Porg, MF and R2, and a larger "Rainbow Rebel" patch featuring Leia on the back, leaving room for future adds. People seemed to especially like the Porg patch and then I didn't feel the need to buy one at the creature stall, and others appreciated the Rainbow Rebel.

Even though hot (mid 80's), it was fine wearing the jackets most of the day and actually good we had them as it was cooler in the queues and Oga's. Also had a lightsaber rainbow tshirt from Redbubble and they probably have other fun t shirts there.

I'll also confess I asked (politely and offering to wait longer) for us to be the pilots on the MF. I think our costumes helped with our cred and we got it but maybe you would anyway just dressed as normal and making a polite request.

I'll chime in I also saw kids in full robe/cape and mask and seemed clearly allowed as stormtroopers stopped to allow parents to take a photo with them and the kid.

This is awesome, thanks for the report! Do you think that bag would also hold a BB unit? My GF plans on making an R but I really want a BB.

12 year old DD has a Rey deluxe costume from the Disney Store. Could she wear this to Hollywood studios?

Should be ok because of her age(if I recall, full costumes are allowed up until 14). Those over the cut off age have to get a little more creative to avoid being confused with employees, among other reasons.

Should be ok because of her age(if I recall, full costumes are allowed up until 14). Those over the cut off age have to get a little more creative to avoid being confused with employees, among other reasons.
Thanks!

12 year old DD has a Rey deluxe costume from the Disney Store. Could she wear this to Hollywood studios?
I think so. They sounded pretty strict about costumes Online, but by my fourth visit to Star Wars galaxies edge in January, I saw adults in stuff that definitely has been listed as not allowed. Not masks or anything like that, but pretty awesome Disney Bounds. A 12-year-old should totally be fine. This picture is probably terrible but these are all guests Bounding. 4F71B30D-0F28-450C-8AE1-FD16D6274BA5.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts