Drinking Before Noon Everyday-An Oct F&W Adventure *COMPLETE!

What a great day at f&w! Funny how so many dishes are hit or miss. I always wanted to go later in the festival to enjoy some of the heartier dishes that just don't seem proper in 90 degree heat... one day I will get to really enjoy the beer cheese soup from Canada! I always love your reports and am looking forward to the next update!

It is so much more enjoyable when the temperature is lower at F&W. I haven't had the cheese soup in a few trips because the thought of it in the heat is unbearable. I usually don't drink very much when it is super hot out either. More updates coming up! I really want to finish this report before we leave for our next trip, which is less than 2 weeks away. Eek!

Love all your F&W pictures! You all really tried many different things, thanks for the great reviews.

It was boiling hot the one day we dedicated to F&W so it was a total flop! Living vicariously through you!

Thank you! Our true focus this trip was F&W, so I really wanted us to try a lot and we definitely succeeded.

Great reviews so far! One day, I will make it to F&W..... Love all the deliciousness and your room at WL? Did you stay in Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek. I am planning on WL for my trip this summer with my niece. I'm glad to see you can walk over to FW and I can't wait to try the breakfast at Trail's End!

Thanks! F&W is my favorite, so I hope you get a chance to experience it. WL was beautiful. We were in the Copper Creek section. The rooms were great. Very roomy considering we had 3 adults sharing the same space. You will love the food at Trail's End! And like you said, now you can walk there! :thumbsup2

After our great morning/afternoon at Epcot we went back to the resort and Rob took a nap while me and my SIL went to the pool and went down the waterslide about 20 times. :thumbsup2 It was super overcast and started to rain as we left the pool area, which was a bummer, but at least we got some pool time in.

After we got changed and dried our hair we decided to explore our food and beverage options at WL since Rob was still asleep. We ended up at Territory Lounge because my SIL really wanted a cheese plate. Sadly even though the lounge was open at 4:30 there were no food options available until Artist Point opened at 5:30, so she was still cheese plateless. We did however get some drinks.

They did bring us some spicy popcorn which was not spicy and totally burnt and edible, so that was a bummer. But the drinks were good! I went with a Mai Tai.

The plus side of the lounge is that I could use TiW here, so at least we got 20% off our drinks.

After a little time in the lounge we decided to head over to Roaring Fork to see what they had. They had dessert options out today but unfortunately I was not in a dessert mood. This is extra sad because it was the only time during our trip that I saw any desserts out, so I never got any when I actually wanted them. But here are the yummy looking options they had at the time.

This campfire cupcake looked so cute!

I ended up getting the Gourmet Grilled Cheese which was white cheddar, arugula, tomato and onion jam on multigrain served with potato barrels. I got mine without the arugula though since I knew I would pick about 90% of it off anyway.

This looks basic but it was actually so good! I loved the flavor the multigrain bread gave the multiple cheeses along with the onion jam which was a prefect compliment to the whole thing. This stood out to me and still does even now. I would absolutely get this again.

Now it was time for Lindsay and I to take a little nap while Rob got up to meet with our friend. We now have another friend living in Florida with his wife and son and he has never been to WDW, so we offered for him to meet us at the resort and come to ESPN Club with us for the Eagles Monday Night Football game. While Lindsay and I took a little snooze they went back to Geyser Point for a beer. Rob was happy to report that there was not the same bug issue as our first night, so hopefully our first experience was a fluke thing.

Closer to game time we all piled in my car and I drove us over to the Boardwalk. We arrived at ESPN Club shortly before the start of the Eagles game and there was a line going out the door. Thankfully the line moved super fast and we were seated in the main room right by the big screen. Win! Rob was quite happy.

Everyone but me (since I was DD) ordered lots of beer throughout the evening, but we also got food as well.

Rob got the Grilled Chicken Sandwich on a pretzel bun served with bacon, arugula, mustard emulsion, and beer-cheese sauce.

He really enjoyed the sandwich. He was sold at pretzel bun. :laughing:

Lindsay kept it light since we had eaten at Roaring Fork earlier and got the pretzels with dipping sauces.

Rob ended up eating some of these too and they both liked them.

I got the nachos, which I always enjoy and went without the cheese sauce this time as I am not a nacho cheese person. These were great as always and good for me to pick at throughout the game since I wasn't starving.

We had a lot of fun and the Eagles won!

ESPN Club has a great atmosphere to watch a football game. It is especially fun for us on a night like this where its basically all Eagles fans. It was super high energy in there with the Eagles chant going on. Fun times!

We parted ways with our friend back at the resort and I have to tell you guys, it was awesome seeing things through his eyes as a first timer. He was so in awe of the resort and the Boardwalk area. He was totally floored and he never even saw a park or rode a ride. We are looking to have him and his fam come with us one day on our upcoming trip as well.

Back at the resort we settled in for the night and I grabbed one of my Sprinkles cupcakes I got the day before.

This one was a pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Yum! And perfect for the season.

It was now after midnight so I needed to get some sleep because tomorrow is our MK day! My favorite!

The next morning we were up at at MK before the park opened at 9am. We got some selfies in front of the castle and we got to the little show in front of the castle, which is cute and makes you extra excited.

First we jumped on Jungle Cruise and POTC, which has legit the worst spot for a photo. We all look so thrilled. :laughing:

We then headed to Splash Mountain and saw this horrible sight.

Closed! I some how completely missed the memo on this one during all of my planning. Ugh.

We made the best of it and instead got breakfast at a little stand in Frontierland.

I was feeling the idea of a multigrain croissant after my yummy grilled cheese the day before, so all three of us got the breakfast sandwich and a cold brew coffee.

The sandwich was huge! Rob and I could have easily shared this. It was pretty decent for a quick grab and go bfast option in the park.

I had my cold brew with hazelnut flavoring and it was good, but sickeningly sweet. My SIL felt the same about her pumpkin one. It was kinda hard to drink, but the caffeine was welcome.

Next I had to represent my Ariel outfit at the Little Mermaid ride.

After that we rode HM and then headed toward a classic Disney treat. A Dole Whip!

FINALLY the pineapple vanilla swirl is back at Aloha Isle, so I happily ordered it.

Rob got his favorite variation, the pineapple float.

I even matched my MagicBand perfectly.

I have skipped Aloha Isle the past few trips with no swirl being offered and have had to make a special trip to Poly for it, but now I can happily return for my favorite ice cream treat.

Then it was time for BTMR where we got the front seats!

Then Peter Pan, which stopped about 10 times and was very jerky every time it did.

Then my new favorite, SDMT.

Then after a bounce along with Tigger and Pooh I stopped for a treat I have been dying to try. A Cheshire Cat Tail!

This yummy pastry treat at Cheshire Cafe is flaky pastry and chocolate chips covered in colorful icing. It is delicious! They have the same thing but without the icing at the Poly in the mornings with their pastry selections. This one was obviously way better though. :thumbsup2 I would definitely come back for this again.

After a ride on Buzz and People Mover we were out!

Magic Kingdom has my favorite ride and my favorite snacks, but we don't LOVE any of the TS options here, so this is usually a snack heavy day for us. I really want Tony's and Casey's next trip though, so those are on my itinerary for January.

After a stop back at the resort for an outfit change and general refresh we all headed to Disney Springs for a late lunch/early dinner around 3:30.

Raglan Road was our destination. We came here a lot earlier than we usually do, but we did get to catch some of the entertainment toward the end of our meal and had a great spot in the main room.

Rob started out with a flight, which is always a relatively decent value here.

I had a Raglan Road Signature Brew of Planted Strawberry and Lime Hard Cider, which was light and fruity and I really enjoyed it. I will get this again!

It's not before noon today, but cheers!

They started us off with their Irish Soda Bread and Guinness dip, which is always sweet and delicious.

Rob got the Roaring Burger of grilled wild boar burger, Cashel blue cheese, crispy onion strings, arugula, port & pear chutney with herb aioli served on a floury potato bun. He really liked this a lot!

And I was THRILLED... THRILLED to see my favorite thing I ever ate back on the menu. The Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do, which is handmade potato gnocchi, seared Georges bank scallops, crisp pork belly, tomatoes & kale in a white wine butter sauce.

I got this dish here years ago and it disappeared from the menu. I was jumping out of my seat with excitement. Until I ate it...

It was so bitter I could hardly stand it. I thought maybe it was just me but Rob tried it too and said the same thing. He didn't like it at all. I really wish I had sent this back instead of thinking it would magically get better. The pork belly was so fatty that it was inedible. While I know it is supposed to be fatty, this was next level fatty. I ate the scallops and a few of the gnocchi and the rest went untouched. It was so sad! I ended up ordering a side of chips so I had something to eat, which thinking back you would think our waitress would have said something too, but nope. I'm so mad at myself over not speaking up on this one. It was massively disappointing after hyping this dish up in my mind for years and getting a second crack at it. Such a bummer!

Overall though I really do enjoy RR. The entertainment is always awesome. We are going to give brunch a try next trip to switch things up a bit.

We were going to go to the movies next. The only thing that worked out with times was Snowman, which I wanted to see but Rob was adamantly against seeing, so we headed back to the resort to decide what to do with our evening.

After a nice mid-day nap we plotted on what to do for the evening. So while we waited I ate my last Sprinkles cupcake saving the best for last. Red Velvet! Yum!!!!

After debating between drinks at Poly or an evening at Top of the World lounge I decided I really wanted to see Hallowishes, so off we headed to Bay Lake Towers!

I have been an associate on my mom's DVC account for 12 years, but she recently got a divorce and her and my stepdad graciously gifted their DVC membership to me. How lucky am I? I mean, I have been the only one using it and paying the dues for 8 years, but at least now I get a lot of the perks as well and it was still super nice of them. I wanted to celebrate our official status with a trip to Top of the World Lounge, which is exclusive to DVC Members and their guests.

We took a boat from WL to Contemporary and we had the best CM ever as our captain. He serenaded us with When You Wish Upon A Star. If you follow me on Instagram you can see the video of it on my account. It was super magical.

After arriving at BLT we got to take the special elevator up to the top floor and headed into the lounge for drinks before the fireworks.

I love the Mickey in the lighting on the ceiling after getting off the elevator.

The lounge is gorgeous and I love the bar here.

We grabbed a few seats and our server came over with a specialty Halloween drink menu and the standard lounge menu.

I went with a Mai Tai since all of the specialty drinks had vodka, which I was trying to stay away from.

This drink killed me. It gave me the worst heartburn I have ever had. Every sip was like a fire straight to my chest. So, my SIL got most of this drink.

My SIL finally got her cheese board here!

It wasn't very big, but she enjoyed it.

I got the Steak and Cheese Flatbread. House-grilled flatbread crust topped with Filet Mignon, sauteed peppers and onions and cheddar cheese sauce.

This would have been good but the bottom of the flatbread was COVERED in salt. It was like a soft pretzel. But with even more large salt granules on it. I tried to scrape it all off, but I could never manage to get it all. It was weird. I don't know if that happened by mistake or what it was, but I don't like a lot of salt and this was more than a lot. But other than the salt the flavors were good.

After our drinks and food came out it got pretty packed in there and our server disappeared. We could not get this guy to save our lives. We were one of the first people in and the last people out and we were the only ones without a spot along the railing for Hallowishes. I was actually pretty furious at that server for taking so long. It was ridiculous. So our spots were not as good as I hoped for fireworks, but at least we got to see them without going to MNSSHP.

If you ever get the chance to visit Top of the World Lounge I would recommend it during fireworks. It's a really nice spot.

We had a super chilly wait for a boat back to WL, but we got to see the Electrical Water Pageant pass us by at the boat dock, so that was awesome! Back at the room we were all wiped out. It wasn't the best food day for me today, but it was an awesome day overall. And tomorrow is finally time for Flight of Passage!

Today is the day! Flight of Passage FP! We were up a little later since our FPs were for the afternoon. Feeling silly this morning with this guy.

We were going to eat at Satu'li Canteen for lunch today, but Rob wasn't feeling it by the time we got in the park, so instead we went to Yak & Yeti to see if we could get in. They took us right away which was awesome!

This place has become a must-do for us over the past few trips. We love it here!

They had a few small menu changes and no longer offered the steak and coconut shrimp I love. The fish tacos I like were now an entree instead of an appetizer as well. Looks like I would have have to choose something else.

Rob and Lindsay started with a Yak Attack of mango daiquiri, Don Q Cristal rum & wild berry flavors. They both really like it!

I went with an appetizer and tried something new. I ordered the Wok-Fried Green Beans. Battered green beans, sweet Thai chili dipping sauce.

Rob was annoyed with me because he said it was the one appetizer he didn't want, but once they came out he changed his tune. We both loved them! They were crispy and the sauce was perfect with them. They were a hit at the table! It will be hard not to get these every time now.

Rob got the steak at our waitress's recommendation.

He really loved this and was so glad he got it. He was crazy full though after eating this huge steak.

Lindsay and I both went with the item on the specials menu of the Shrimp and Lobster Garlic Noodles.

OMG this was sooooo good!!! It was very garlicy and there was tons of seafood in this dish. In addition to the shrimp and lobster there were also scallops in here. It was so much food. Neither of us could finish our dish, but we really enjoyed it. If you ever see this I would definitely recommend it. :thumbsup2

Yak & Yeti remains a must-do for us. Their appetizers and entrees are always outstanding. We have not had a miss here, which is great since the TS options are limited in AK.

After our awesome lunch we headed over to Pandora on the new pathway. Also, I am loving my Minnie outfit today. :goodvibes

We rode FOP and LOVED IT!!! After being underwhelmed by River Journey we were overwhelmed by how cool FOP was. So awesome! Go now! Ride it immediately if you haven't already!

After that I got Pandora snacks even though I was full. I just wanted them anyway. :laughing:

I stopped at this cool snack stop called Pongu Pongu.

I started with the Night Blossom. A non-alcoholic mixture of limeade with apple and desert pear flavors topped with passion fruit boba balls.

It was a warm day, so this was really refreshing. I would get this again for sure!

I also tried the Pongu Lumpia which is a pineapple cream cheese spring roll.

The crispy outside.

And cream cheese center.

This totally loved up to the hype for me! I loved it! Sweet and crispy and so tasty. I will be getting this every time.

After my snack we did the Jungle Trek and saw a tiger.

Then Lindsay and I waited for the front row on Everest since Rob didn't want to ride, which was awesome!!!

Then we rode Dinosaur which is always a favorite.

I had to delete our safari FP when we got such a late start, but fortunately I was able to add it back on as a fourth FP while waiting in line for Dinosaur. Yay! Then after we got in line for the safari I miracles a second FP for FOP. Woot!!!!!!!

So we had some safari fun.

Then we did the walking trail and saw tons of cool animals.

Then we caught the last train to Rafiki's Planet Watch, which is always kinda fun.

Then it was time to journey back to Pandora for the final time this trip.

Then we strolled under the Tree of Life to get to ITTBAB.

Getting a FP for this was great because even though there was no line for it we got to be in an area that is less crowded. I always freak out a little with the crowds waiting to get into this attraction. I will be doing this every time now.

Honorary bugs!

And that's it for AK this trip. It was a super successful AK day! I can't believe we managed to ride FOP twice and we had such an awesome lunch. Win! And now its time to relax.

We took the bus from AK to Poly and got to one of our favorite spots right at the prime time dinner rush. Tambu Lounge!

This place is either dead or unbearably busy. Usually busy. The bartenders here are great, but with everyone waiting to get into 'Ohana it can be tough to snag a table or spot at the bar in the lounge area if you want to order food. Tonight there was nowhere to sit and we had to seriously stalk another group to get their table when they got up. Sorry!

We finally had a spot and we all ordered drinks and food. Usually there is a server coming around to the tables, but no one was coming around today, so Rob just ordered at the bar. No biggie.

Rob and Lindsay got a famous Lapu Lapu. If you have never had one or seen one it is Myers's Original Dark Rum and tropical fruit juices served in a fresh pineapple topped with Bacardi 151 Rum.

I was scared that the sliders would not be as good after not liking them that much back on our January trip, so stayed away from those but Rob ordered them. They are Pork Sliders Kona Coffee Barbecued Pork topped with slaw.

He said they were back to their original glory, so that was good news! These are so tasty.

I got the Pulled Pork Nachos which are Polynesian chips topped with pork, cheese, pineapple salsa and spicy Mayonnaise.

These are just the Polynesian chips now with no kettle chips which was disappointing as I liked when it was a mix. These were good, but there was way too much mayo on these today.

3 spots opened up at the bar, so we bused our own table and switched to the bar, which made life easier. Lindsay also went down to Trader Sam's at this point and put our name in.

While they got more drinks I got more food. I can't come here and not get the best dessert in the world. 'Ohana bread pudding!!!

For those of you who do not know, 'Ohana's famously delicious bread pudding can be ordered at Tambu Lounge during 'Ohana's dinner hours. It is the best Disney hack I know of. :thumbsup2

This did not disappoint! It was a huge serving and it was warm and obey gooey delicious as always. Its nice to have a standard that always delivers.

As we were finishing up at Tambu our pager went off for Trader Sam's. Adventure awaits!

Trader Sam's is a fun tiki bar on the first floor of the Poly just past Captain Cooks. It's easy to walk right past it since the only thing signifying its presence is a plain door with a small sign.

There were three open spots at the large table in the center of the room, so we had to sit with two other parties, but they were cool so it was a good time.

The menu of fun and funky drinks available.

Here you can get just your drink or you can also purchase the kitschy glass it comes in as well. We have a nice little collection of Trader Sam's glasses building up at home.

I order the HippopotoMai-Tai because that has been my drink of choice this trip and because it has a new 2nd edition blue lass that I fell in love with when I saw it. This drink is Coruba Dark Rum, Bacardi Superior Rum, Bols Orange Curacao, Orgeat (almond), organic agave nectar, and fresh lime juice.

I love this glass! It's super cool in person too.

Rob went with a Mosquito Mojito which is Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum, organic agave nectar, Falernum, mint and fresh lime juice topped with soda water.

Cheers!

Lindsay got the Krakatoa Punch which is Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Pyrat XO Reserve Rum, Orgeat (almond), Sam's Gorilla Grog, and Hibiscus Grenadine.

There are fun antics that go along with each drink as well. I have some videos of the hijinks with our skippers on my Instagram as well. But here is a look at some of the glow in the dark creepiness happening in the bar.

Trader Sam's is always a lot of fun and I'm glad the crowds have died down a bit from what they were when it first opened. It's a reasonable wait if any now. I think we will skip this spot next trip though and give Trader Sam's a bit of a rest.

Another Disney day down!

Wow, great mega update. Sorry your scallop dish at Raglan was not good. What a disappointment. So glad all the other food was good. Yay to Yak and Yeti. We love this place. We go almost every trip and love it.

Great score with second FoP FP. Love this ride!

This looks basic but it was actually so good! I loved the flavor the multigrain bread gave the multiple cheeses along with the onion jam which was a prefect compliment to the whole thing. This stood out to me and still does even now. I would absolutely get this again.
I need to put this on my list for August.

We then headed to Splash Mountain and saw this horrible sight.
Boo!

FINALLY the pineapple vanilla swirl is back at Aloha Isle, so I happily ordered it.
Good to know!

Then it was time for BTMR where we got the front seats!
Love it! I love the customs buttons you have, so fun!

This yummy pastry treat at Cheshire Cafe is flaky pastry and chocolate chips covered in colorful icing. It is delicious! They have the same thing but without the icing at the Poly in the mornings with their pastry selections. This one was obviously way better though. :thumbsup2 I would definitely come back for this again.
I need to try this.....think it would go perfectly with a frozen pink lemonade.

I had a Raglan Road Signature Brew of Planted Strawberry and Lime Hard Cider, which was light and fruity and I really enjoyed it. I will get this again!
That sounds delicious!

I love the Mickey in the lighting on the ceiling after getting off the elevator.
Beautiful location! One day I'll get there ( when I convince DH we NEED to own DVC!)

Today is the day! Flight of Passage FP! We were up a little later since our FPs were for the afternoon. Feeling silly this morning with this guy.
Cute pic!

Rob and Lindsay started with a Yak Attack of mango daiquiri, Don Q Cristal rum & wild berry flavors. They both really like it!
We love Yak Attacks!

I went with an appetizer and tried something new. I ordered the Wok-Fried Green Beans. Battered green beans, sweet Thai chili dipping sauce.
These have been on my radar for a while, now I want to go to Yak and Yeti!

It was a warm day, so this was really refreshing. I would get this again for sure!

I also tried the Pongu Lumpia which is a pineapple cream cheese spring roll.
I love the Pongo Lumpia!

Then it was time to journey back to Pandora for the final time this trip.
LUcky you! Two FoP FPs in one day!

Rob and Lindsay got a famous Lapu Lapu. If you have never had one or seen one it is Myers's Original Dark Rum and tropical fruit juices served in a fresh pineapple topped with Bacardi 151 Rum.
These are dangerous!

While they got more drinks I got more food. I can't come here and not get the best dessert in the world. 'Ohana bread pudding!!!

For those of you who do not know, 'Ohana's famously delicious bread pudding can be ordered at Tambu Lounge during 'Ohana's dinner hours. It is the best Disney hack I know of. :thumbsup2
I wanted to get that so much last summer but I was a little too early and they did not start serving it until 4:30. I have the recipe and make it at home when I am feeling homesick for Disney.

Fun to read update! Yak & Yeti is a favorite of ours too, and I love the Yak Attack. The tiki mug you got at Trader Sam’s is darling.

I remember following this trip on Instagram!

Probably a good thing you didn't see the Snowman movie - I heard awful things about it. I only saw 51 movies this year which seems like that was less than last year but the hurricane kinda messed 3 weekends up this year and the fact that my main movie theater still isn't open also created problems. What was your favorite and worst movie of the year, my fellow movie buff? I think my least favorite was Silence - I never have been tempted to play on my cell phone more than during that movie! I had lots of favorites like Resident Evil, Wonder Woman, Logan, Belko Experiment, The Glass Castle, Shape of Water.

Good to know they updated they Polynesian Nachos.

Looks like you've gotten a decent amount of F&W festival done.

I can't believe the gnocchi dish at RR was so disappointing! I remember you absolutely raving about it several dining reports ago and have always hoped it would be on the menu during one of our trips. What a bummer! :worried:

Awesome reviews, BTW. Always love your reports!

Amazing updates!!!! You all really know how to do disney food and drink! totally need to hang with you sometime!

I thought we did a lot at Food and Wine, but with one exception you tried so many things that we never even had. Clearly I need to go back.

Sorry your Raglan dish was such a bust, but glad to hear you made the most of it!

And I must ask where you got your dole whip magic band. I. Must. Have. It!

You said “massive update” and boy did you deliver! Loved catching up. Seems like we shared many of the same favorites at F&W. Couldn’t agree more on some sour cream for the empanada! For all my love of World Showcase, I somehow never hit Rose & Crown. Will have to work on that! So happy to hear the bug issue didn’t repeat itself at Geyser Point. Too bad Territory Lounge won’t serve food before AP opens. ESPN looks like a fun place to watch the game! I’ve said it before... I like your vacation style!!!

Having so much fun reading your report! I'm hungry and thirsty all at the same time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!