Driving down and back from Winnipeg

gizmom29

Earning My Ears
Hi all Just got home to Winnipeg from Disney World after 14 great days,will answer questions if anyone has them.

Same question as FigmentSpark. How many days did you drive? Is 14 days including travel time?

We drive each year from London Ontario to Orlando. Your trip is 1100km longer than our trip each way.

(I spend 2 weeks per year in Winnipeg. I was just there in Feb and will be back in June.. I'm impressed that you've chosen to drive to Disney World.)

Curious too to see how you found the drive and how you broke it up. The furthest I have driven was to Wisconsin Dells and that felt like the max I could handle. :)

Hi FlVacationGirl and FigmentSpark This was my 4th time driving down and back, 3days driving down and 3 days driving back.As to where we stoped,first night down in Madison WI.second night in Murfreesboro Tn, on the way back same stops in reverse.There are 5 of us so it is mush cheaper to drive then fly,and as i have said in some of my other reports i enjoy the drive,we don't think of it as one long drive but as 3 short trips.And depending on the time of year you can see pretty scenery along the way compared to the flat prairie where i live.

I agree, if there are more than 2 of you, the cost of driving looks much better.... that is, unless you happen to travel the one year when they have the once in a decade flood and get stranded on the way back for 3 days in Fargo. Then the hotel bills and the stir crazies start to make an impact. That happened to my parents one year.

I agree, if there are more than 2 of you, the cost of driving looks much better.... that is, unless you happen to travel the one year when they have the once in a decade flood and get stranded on the way back for 3 days in Fargo. Then the hotel bills and the stir crazies start to make an impact. That happened to my parents one year.
Yikes! And here I am wondering if it’s viable for me to drive down to DL from BC o_O

Well done! We are from Winnipeg too and were in WDW from 04/09-04/15. We flew though ;)

From Sask and planning this trip for December. Drove to Land in 2016, I agree with 5 and limited options for flying, driving is the only way we can go. Bringing back the family road trip! Lol

I’m curious as to how much you spent on gas and hotel and food on the drive. We have driven to Minneapolis then flew to Orlando. We are also a family of five and flights out of MSP are pretty cheap. I would love to drive one day though

Hi Winnipeg7 You ask about cost, gas was $408.00 price from $2.32-2.79 a gallon,hotels $861.36 we booked suites with comfortable beds for a good night sleep and a kitchen. We would stop at a Walmart for food for lunch and supper.We would stop at a rest area to eat lunch and let the Grandson run around to burn off some energy. Sense our first drive down we never eat at restaurants anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter