• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving from Orlando to Miami

Libby

Mouseketeer
Following our disney trip with are taking a Carribean cruise. We are driving to Miami but are unsure how much time to allow. Can anyone give me a rough idea? I've got two young kids and need to work out when will be the best time to travel.

Libby

Hi Libby!

Without regard to where your post should be, ;-) we made the same trip at x-mas time this year. We left WDW at 1 PM, and arrived at our hotel in downtown Miami at 5. Although we didn't take a cruise, we could see the cruise ships docked in the Biscayne Bay (or Miami River-- wherever they technically were docked). We made only one short stop at a gas station on the way.

FWIW, we took Florida's Turnpike, then hopped on I-95 around Palm Beach (I think).

Have fun!

We frequently drive from Disney to just south of West Palm and it takes us 3 hours. Four hours sounds right ...maybe a little tight. I would probably allow for a bit more time.

I drive regularly from Miami to Orlando. Four hour trip via turnpike. To get to the POrt of Miami you will need to switch to I-95 where the 2 paralell each other in Palm Beach Co. Once you hit Dade County do not get off I-95 until you get to the Port of Miami exit! Going the wrong way could end you in deep trouble, Do not go west if you have an emergency and have to exit in Dade before your exit. GO EAST. Safer areas to the East.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter