Driving to/from NJ

Mary2e

DIS Veteran
We will be driving our car from NJ and have rented an RV to be set up at FW.

We plan on making it to Florence, SC for the drive down. That will leave us at about a 6-7 hour drive to Disney.

Going back North, we would like to drive about 8 hours before stopping for the night. What cities should we look at?

You can stop at KOA Enfield, it is just south of Richmond.

Thanks.

We will be driving our car. I’m looking for a city/town and hotel/motel.

Going North, depending on traffic etc, South of the Border would be about 8 hours. You could probably hit Rocky Mount, NC area depending on what time you leave.

Several years ago we stayed at the Days inn in Walterboro SC. Had a Cracker barrel right next door. Going and coming it was about a 10 hour drive to and from just north of Dover Delaware Hope that helps. Both are just off I 95
In our Class A we make Hardeeville SC in about 6 hours coming North from Disney ( With 2 stops, one for the dogs other for fuel just before we stop for the night)

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I"m looking at Rocky Mount as it appears that it's almost exactly half way.

Fayetteville NC has a lot of hotels reasonably priced and lots of places to eat. It is about an hour north of the South Carolina border, and about half way through North Carolina when travelling on the 1-95 corridor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter