drjackal31 and A Mini Wishes Wedding Morocco/Attic

drjackal31

Mouseketeer
I have been lurking around here for quite a while thought I would start my own planning journal. Now lets see if I remember to update it.

Welcome Party:
To Be Determined (I put DF and his mom in charge of planning this because they wanted something to do. Nothing has yet been done as far as I know)
Ceremony: Morocco
Reception: Brunch The Attic

About US

Our dating story isn't that exciting like so many others, lol. We met online after talking for a few weeks we met at a bar. Neither one of us thought anything of it, just a eh we'll go out and have a drink with this person, no big deal. We ended up at two different bars that night and talked a looooong time. At the end of the night after some tug of war I eventually let him drive me home (I had walked to the bar from my apartment), but when we got to my apartment I said bye and ran out of the car. Fast-forward nine months and he moved into my apartment, a year later "we" bought a house. After some time being together we found out some of my friends knew some of his friends, so I feel us meeting was eventually going to happen one way or another.

Engagement Story

About a year into us dating I already decided we were getting married and started getting ideas together, but more on that later. I had been asking him to marry me probably everyday for over a year by the time he had proposed. We had discussed getting married and what we wanted, the only thing left was the formality. Even though we had already decided to get married, and when, September 2107. We decided that he could still have that moment.

He had brought the ring down to Florida in September 2016 for our friends trip to Universal/MNSSHP, but since we were always around friends he didn't proposed. Unpacking I found the box, freaked out, but didn't look inside and shoved it back in his backpack. Then while looking for tools in the basement with him next to me, I was opening drawers and he kept saying that there wasn't any tools in the drawers. Again there was the box. I closed the drawer in front of him and pretended I didn't see it. (This time the next time he wasn't home I snuck a look, ssshhh).

Finally we flew across the country for a friends wedding in California, it happened. We stayed a few days into the week after the wedding. While sitting on a bench in Fisherman's Wharf he started talking about how we'd get married one day. Me, being cranky, said well we better get married, he stopped talking about it and we started walking again a few minutes later. Then further down the wharf, sitting down again he started the same little speech thing and pulled out the ring. He couldn't get it over my knuckle because we were doing so much walking my fingers were gigantic, lol. When we got back to the hotel I texted a picture to my best friend.

To be continued...

Why Disney?

Why not? When I first imagined us getting married, Disney never really came to mind. I had never actually been to Disney World. Our first vacation together (and with two of my friends) changed all that.

I did a TON of research on Disney Weddings. We had decided on the Swan and Dolphin in the fountain courtyard, and our guest list would be a max of 30 people. In 2015, while at Universal, we took a little time to go to the Swan to check out the locations. We decided we liked crescent terrace and Fulton's for the reception. We decided to increase our list to 60 guests.

Cut forward and the price of the Swan was increased twice, and Fulton's closed for refurbishment. We were at a loss. The price savings for the Swan ceremony didn't seem worth it compared to Disney for us anymore. I requested information with a date to book with both Disney and Just Marry. Disney always got back to me. To this day Just Marry never told me if they found out about the availability for weddings for September 2017.

We considered Universal, and Buena Vista Palace, but they just weren't right. Buena Vista Palace was almost where we booked. But I just couldn't justify making everyone come down to Florida for a gazebo ceremony, which we could have in Buffalo. We looked at locations in Buffalo and went back and forth. Today I still wonder if maybe we should have just done it here, but it didn't really excite either of us.

We decided if we could get Epcot that we would do a Disney Wedding. And we did! We booked Morocco, and loved the Attic as well. Morocco was my favorite land on the only trip I've ever taken to Epcot. We decided to cut the guest list back to 35. I do have a B-list in-case people cannot attend, which I am expecting. I don't want to over invite.

Congratulations and Welcome!

We had our reception at The Attic last year. It was perfect! It is such a beautiful space.

The Dress?

When we had been dating only a year I had found a dress on Ebay that i really liked. I looked at it every day! I went back and forth with myself for a long time and finally gave in and bought it for $100.00. I never tried it on until recently and it's perfect right now. I just have to remember not to gain a pound!

I am sorry but I do not have a picture of me in it, so far the only person who has seen me in it was my mom. I will work in getting one! I still need a few girls to come over and tell me if it actually looks good on me....

My FMIL doesn't have any daughters, this summer i found out, through an indirect story, that she really wants to go dress shopping. I'm still not sure what I am going to do about this... I do plan on getting a second shorter dress, because Florida in September is still killer hot and I don't think I can wear this Satin gown ALL NIGHT! There are a few other dresses I like IF the one I already have doesn't work out. The Belle dress from this year is very nice, and going old I really like the Tiana 204 from the original line, which I have found used for a good price, although I'm not sure how to poof it back up.

I am really not the type to pay full price for stuff, I never have been. The wedding is price enough!

Attachments

• 20160423_160122.jpg
    20160423_160122.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 32
Dress Shopping!

I went dress shopping! So I have the old sample Alfred Angelo hanging out in my closet that I like, but why not go dress shopping?

I went out with my friend and the FMIL to Alfred Angelo, because apparently I just really like their style. My mom decided not to come because she has already seen the ebay dress and it was supposed to be more of a fact finding mission, and since the wedding is at 9 am, I planned on having a simpler dress for later so I can still feel "bridey" all day. But now I am conflicted!

So there is the original dress that I think goes with Morocco very well! The other one that I love is of course, Cinderella!

16174489_10100529138644177_6793800160303037153_n.jpg

photo.php

I have no idea what I am going to do. There are pros and cons to both. The original I think fits Morocco better, and won't cost me any extra money except accessories and alterations. However it is pure satin and since we are getting married in September I am afraid I will melt, I also feel I need extra tulle in the back to give me more "butt" with that dress.

The Cinderella dress is gorgeous, but of course will cost more money, however I think I'll be less melty. I really love the sweetheart neckline, which is very flattering. I can still add a belt to get the red in there that I wanted. I think it matches my shoes much better and also matches the boardwalk part of the wedding better as well.

I think my mom thinks I am nuts for even looking or considering another dress. I can admit I probably shouldn't have bought the ebay dress when I did. I really didn't want to miss out on the shopping experience now that we actually are engaged.

Shoes! I bought the Irregular Choice Cinderella Flats! I love them so much. I really wanted a pair of silver flats. I imagine a lot of princesses in the past wore flats!
15203165_10100494191688157_9135107274696203785_n.jpg

photo.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter