Dropping park for Discovery Cove

Disney Kidd

Mouseketeer
My brother works for Sea World so I am able to get a good discount at Discovery Cove. I have wanted to go here forever! We would have to drop one of the parks to go. I havent been to Disney World in 10 years so it is a tough decision. I would drop MK because I go to Disneyland often and dont feel the need to spend 100 bucks for the people mover. It would be November though so I don't know if the weather is good for it.

In our opinion, that would be a worthwhile trade. While the Disney Parks are amazing, the Discover Cove experience is something quite different - and it sounds like it's something you've wanted to do. We did DC many years ago, and we really loved it.

Nothing is ever for certain, but I think the odds of you having decent weather for DC in November are pretty good. The chances of storms should be lower and the chances of cold weather is small, too.

Been many times in warm weather and then went in December. OH DECEMBER WAS SO MUCH BETTER! When I went in summer I asked staff about how hard it must be in the winter and they said it is actually better because the air and water temps aren't so extreme. They were right!!!

In warm weather it is painful getting in those snorkeling pools the water feels so cold. I love to snorkel and spend time with fish but oh the cold. In December we just walked right in and it didn't feel cold. We spent much more time in the water and had a wonderful day.

DO IT, it's a beautiful park, you feel like you are on a Caribbean island away from everything. 🏝 ENJOY!

Discovery cove is amazing.
I agree that MK is a sound choice because you go to DL...
We normally drop epcot because my kids do not enjoy being there...
You could always add a hopper so you can get all your parks in and still have the day off you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter