Dry shoes on water rides

ShaunaM

DIS Veteran
So we have had wet shoes before...ick..
We got a brilliant tip from someone ..pack dollar store flip flops for water rides. Throw your sneakers in your back pack so you don't wreck your shoes or have sopping wet sneakers. Old dog ..new trick.

Yes. We carry crocs in our backpack and some paper towel.
Lol I have always tried to ensconce my shoes in a poncho, so loved this idea and with flip flops they pack flat. Not sure how we never thought of this...my eldest just made a dollar store run and came home with some nice patriotic maple leaf flips, think you are a fellow Albertan right? G. Prairie?

I always visit in the summer, so water proof Teva hiking sandals work best for me.

I also grab a plastic bag from home (or from a Disney shop) and put my bag/phone in it. Last time I rode GRR I offered to put everyone else's phones/wallets in it (all strangers) and we all took turns holding the bag in the center of the raft. They were very appreciative once they realized how wet they got!

I also grab a plastic bag from home (or from a Disney shop) and put my bag/phone in it. Last time I rode GRR I offered to put everyone else's phones/wallets in it (all strangers) and we all took turns holding the bag in the center of the raft. They were very appreciative once they realized how wet they got!

Good idea as it can sometimes be impossible to get those short term lockers at Grizzly.

We were just talking about this last night .my mother got really wet on the first drop at POC..We all laughed is it is so rare not sure how she managed it.

Ah right...actually at WDW, I was also the (one person) who got soaked on pirates. Was on the edge seat and a big wave or something came over. So guess it can be the same at DL.

We were just talking about this last night .my mother got really wet on the first drop at POC..We all laughed is it is so rare not sure how she managed it.
Right?! It happened to our whole family when rode right before we went to Blue Bayou for lunch. We couldn't believe it as we sat there through lunch freezing our rears off (it's a cold restaurant!) because we'd gotten wet on Pirates. It was just too weird.

Right?! It happened to our whole family when rode right before we went to Blue Bayou for lunch. We couldn't believe it as we sat there through lunch freezing our rears off (it's a cold restaurant!) because we'd gotten wet on Pirates. It was just too weird.[/Q3UOTE]
The beauty of it now though is you have a great memory to chuckle about it.lol

Last edited:
To be prepared...what rides get your shoes wet? I'm guessing Splash, Grizzly. Any others?
Once I got soaked (dripping wet) on Matterhorn. But that was really unusual. Everyone in the ride vehicle was shocked. Normally that ride gives you no more than a misting, if that. The only rides I would actually plan for are Splash and Grizzly, like you said. For Grizzly I go so far as to bring a change of clothes if possible.

I agree that Grizzly and Splash are the only two rides where you're almost guaranteed to get pretty wet (that's the point, right? :goodvibes). There are also the water play areas in Bug's Life Land and Tomorrowland; you can get pretty wet (shoes up!) if you accidentally walk through them when they're on (not that I've done that :rotfl:)! Other than those, I've gotten pretty wet on PotC (mostly just my shirt and pants, not usually down to my shoes). You can get dripped on/misted on Matterhorn (end), BTMRR (end and just before the first drop), and Jungle Cruise (back-side of water and the Piranhas).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter