DSprints to Disney Hotels by Bus

Cira

Mouseketeer
Please, I plan on parking at Disney Springs and having the bus take us to the Floridian. In addition, we want to go to the Wilderness Lodge too by bus, and then back to Disney Springs (order by which we go to them does not matter).

Questions:

Is there a bus that takes us from DS to the Floridian? How much? Length of time getting to Floridian approximate?

Since there is no monorail connection to the Wilderness Lodge, is there a bus that takes you to the Wilderness Lodge from Disney Springs, (or the Floridian, Contemporary or Polynesian Resort?).

We are resort-hopping (monorail hotels), during the holidays, many resort hotels (parking) have a sign stating that non resort guests may not park, as they are at a busy time of year.

Have looked online, but cannot find the specific response to the above. Any assistant would be greatly appreciated.

Cira

Last edited:
You can park at the resorts for up to 3 hours - that might be a better use of your time because the busses are going to take up a lot of your time.

I am assuming u are just resort hopping?

Thanks so much for your response. I was concerned because I know that during the holidays, all resort hotels put up a sign that there is no parking inside for non-resort guests. I wanted the bus plan B, instead of our car, because of that. Yes, we are resort-hopping. We will be there tomorrow and Wed. Thank you again. Very much appreciated.

This time of year, you’re right to be concerned about resort parking. It’s possible you’ll get turned away without a reservation.

You can take a bus from Disney Springs to the Grand Floridian.

To get from GF to Wilderness Lodge, take the resort monorail one stop to the Magic Kingdom. Then board the boat launch to Wilderness Lodge.

Take the bus from WL back to Disney Springs.

My sincerest thanks. I did not know about the boat launch. Is this possible also if we have no tickets to any of the parks nor annual passes?? Thanks again! C

My sincerest thanks. I did not know about the boat launch. Is this possible also if we have no tickets to any of the parks nor annual passes?? Thanks again! C
Yes, no tickets are required.

Edit: my wording is confusing. No, you don’t need any tickets.

Last edited:
There have been reports from others being turned away from some resorts unless they have either a hotel reservation or a Advance Dining Reservation. While parking at Disney Springs is cheap, parking at the Travel & Ticket Center is another option but you will need to pay, but you won't need take a bus to/from Disney Springs.

There have been reports from others being turned away from some resorts unless they have either a hotel reservation or a Advance Dining Reservation. While parking at Disney Springs is cheap, parking at the Travel & Ticket Center is another option but you will need to pay, but you won't need take a bus to/from Disney Springs.

I would have to pay the price of ticket into MK correct? Or is there a way to pay for parking only and then take the monorail please? Sounds like another option too. Thank you.

I would have to pay the price of ticket into MK correct? Or is there a way to pay for parking only and then take the monorail please? Sounds like another option too. Thank you.
No you don't need to pay for any park entrances, you can part at Transportation and Ticket Center (know as the TTC) for $25/day. The TTC is located near the Poly and serves for parking for MK and for anyone that wishes to use it. @msb578 has already helped you get to Wilderness lodge.

I edited my post above, due to poor wording. You don’t need park tickets.

Full bus service out of DS starts around 11 am. Earlier than that, you may not be able to get a bus to an MK area resort without several stops and a transfer. You could walk to SSR and get a bus there to MK, from where you could take monorail or boat to GF, or bus or boat to WL. If it's after MK has opened, boat would usually be faster than monorail to GF.

I did not know about the boat launch.

If the weather is bad, the boat might not be running. (Plus, some people don't like the smaller boats they use on that route.) There's also a bus that runs between Magic Kingdom and Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Depending on how things are operating that day, taking the bus may involve stopping at another nearby Disney resort.

Here is what I would do:

If I'm shopping/eating at Disney Springs:
Bus to Grand Floridian
Monorail to MK
Boat Launch to Wilderness Lodge (if boat's aren't running, bus, but I prefer the boat).
Total Cost: $0
Advantages: Cost, get three modes of Disney transportation (boat/monorail/bus)
Cons: Time

If Disney Springs is just a place to park:
Drive to TTC & Park (cost $25)
Walk to Poly & Tour
Monorail (or walk the path) to Grand Floridian
Monorail to MK
Boat to WL
Bus to MK
Walk to CR & Tour
Monorail to TTC
Advantages: More resorts, all three modes of Disney Transportation
Cons: Cost to park.

So, what are your priorities?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!